Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
12-22-2010, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
haha I understand where you are coming from, but the fact of the matter is, the price difference isn't their fault. They are just a small player in a much larger market and are playing by the rules. You ask if they should give Canadians something because they are making a few extra dollars. By the same logic I could ask, shouldn't Cryptic get something if they lose a few extra dollars?

Honestly I don't think they should give you anything because it isn't their fault that the exchange rate works this way. If they had control over it then I'd completely support you. The only thing Cryptic is guilty of is falling international rules and trying to keep things as fair as possible.
Well $308 is definitely better than $340

Therefore I guess I am the new Lifetime Member

Time to log in and make my Liberated Borg Character

(Although a Pet Beaver would had been cool to have lol)
Lt. Commander
# 22 your right
12-22-2010, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
In the US the price listed is pre-tax. So if you buy something that costs $20.00 you know you'll have to pay Sales Tax on that item as well. So my $20.00 item might cost me $22.00 at checkout with Sales Tax. In Europe VAT is included in the final price: they would just list the item as $22.00 and that's the price you'd pay. You're being charged in the American style: X amount, converted to your currency, and then adding VAT at the end.
See it on all book sale as well.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-22-2010, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimevalAtom View Post
Well $308 is definitely better than $340

Therefore I guess I am the new Lifetime Member

Time to log in and make my Liberated Borg Character

(Although a Pet Beaver would had been cool to have lol)
I got my LTS a few weeks ago. I'm a very happy player indeed right now Even happier had a pet Beaver actually been part of the LTS. Still, i have 3 Chickens, they are trouble enough.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-22-2010, 04:43 AM
Silly Canadians, and their Monopoly money.

Seriously though, I'm glad to see the quick action of the Devs to get this fixed.