Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
12-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Honstely don't know if all the changes I made are out to you yet. So you guys will have to play and let me know.. Lots of folks out for Christmas vacation, and I'm working on "Remastering" Stranded in Space.. for a future update .. With this going on I'm a little out of the loop as to the current Holodeck build.

To Recap.. Here is what I changed...

I (hopefully) fixed the failing conditions of the Transport Raid and the Eriksson Mission. The freighters that were successfully looted but then warped out were counting as player kills.. and failing the optional objectives.. These should now only count agaist you if you fail to loot them or destroy them too early.

I changed the frieghters so that they disable at 50% health instead of 35%.. Making them slightly more manageable...

I updated the loot tables on the freighters so that they drop crafting materials from all crafting tiers, as well as a 2% chance to drop Rare Particles, or if you're really unlucky ..stem bolts. I am planning to replace stem bolts with a crate of Tribbles.. once I have a new icon

Anyhow... Happy Holidays.... Let me know how the missions are going....
Thanks for the update...and Happy Holidays to you too
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
12-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
Honstely don't know if all the changes I made are out to you yet. So you guys will have to play and let me know.. Lots of folks out for Christmas vacation, and I'm working on "Remastering" Stranded in Space.. for a future update .. With this going on I'm a little out of the loop as to the current Holodeck build.

To Recap.. Here is what I changed...

I (hopefully) fixed the failing conditions of the Transport Raid and the Eriksson Mission. The freighters that were successfully looted but then warped out were counting as player kills.. and failing the optional objectives.. These should now only count agaist you if you fail to loot them or destroy them too early.

I changed the frieghters so that they disable at 50% health instead of 35%.. Making them slightly more manageable...

I updated the loot tables on the freighters so that they drop crafting materials from all crafting tiers, as well as a 2% chance to drop Rare Particles, or if you're really unlucky ..stem bolts. I am planning to replace stem bolts with a crate of Tribbles.. once I have a new icon

Anyhow... Happy Holidays.... Let me know how the missions are going....
Those changes are all on holodeck, however there are still a couple of issues:

The Erikkson raid is ffailing because there are 6 freighters that begin to move, and 2 sitting behind the shield. So when 4 of those 6 freighters outside of the shield leave, the mission fails - even though there are still 2 freighters behind the shield and therefore the objective is still possible.

So for Erikkson you need to either a) increase the optional objective to loot 6 freighters rather than 4 or b) make it more obvious that the 2 behind the shields don't count toward the objective.

For the Transport raid, the only issue that really still exists is that a) NPC's that use abilities like fire at will are able to attack disabled freighters and kill them and b) NPC's that explode near disabled freighters destroy the disabled freighters.

Additionaly, the B'Rel class Bird of Prey refit's cloak is broken. On the missions where you have to jam sensors, the enemy ships are able to see the cloaked B'Rel and the first jam timer starts when you're around 11k away - this obviously reduces the amount of time the player has. Likewise on the freighter missions, the freighters will see the B'Rel from 10k away regardless of whether its cloaked and start moving.

Finally, the NPC ships in Erikkson when doing the mission with a group, are using a high-level scramble sensors that Science Team 1 and 2 cannot clear - and they're able to spam this quite frequently. Considering these missions are currently geared toward tactical players, and considering most tactical ships will not be able to use anything higher than Science Team 2, this is clearly a problem.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
12-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
I updated the loot tables on the freighters so that they drop crafting materials from all crafting tiers, as well as a 2% chance to drop Rare Particles, or if you're really unlucky ..stem bolts. I am planning to replace stem bolts with a crate of Tribbles.. once I have a new icon

Anyhow... Happy Holidays.... Let me know how the missions are going....
Can we please, please, please get a badge for flushing tribbles out the air lock
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
12-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
I'm working on "Remastering" Stranded in Space.. for a future update
Would this have anything to do with a Klingon version of this mission?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
12-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
Would this have anything to do with a Klingon version of this mission?
The KDF version is easy...

KDF Frieghter Captain: "Our warp core is abou to breach; we've also been boarded by Federation mercinaries...please assist..."

KDF BoP Captain: "Looks like one of our Civillian frieghters is in trouble...can you get a Transporter lock on the interior?"

KDF Boff: "Yes Captain, shall we prepare a boardiong party?"

KDF BoP Captain: "No, beam any useful cargo you can find into our hold. Then charge Disruptor cannons and our Torpedoes; and prepare to fire. I mean, it's about to blow anayway; and no self respecting KDF frieghter captain would call for help just because of some Federation mercenaries. We'll be assisting the KDF effort on multiple fronts by pruning it of these weak incompetents.

KDF Boff: "Aye, Captain"

30 seconds of disruptor and torpedo fire later....

"You have successfully completed: Stranded in Space (Remastered)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
12-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
I (hopefully) fixed the failing conditions of the Transport Raid and the Eriksson Mission. The freighters that were successfully looted but then warped out were counting as player kills.. and failing the optional objectives.. These should now only count agaist you if you fail to loot them or destroy them too early.

I changed the frieghters so that they disable at 50% health instead of 35%.. Making them slightly more manageable...

I updated the loot tables on the freighters so that they drop crafting materials from all crafting tiers, as well as a 2% chance to drop Rare Particles, or if you're really unlucky ..stem bolts. I am planning to replace stem bolts with a crate of Tribbles.. once I have a new icon

Anyhow... Happy Holidays.... Let me know how the missions are going....
Quote:
These should now only count agaist you if you fail to loot them or destroy them too early
Way to miss the point.

The issue is that the Optional objective we are given says 'Loot 4 freighters' and the map contains 8 freighters. But looting just any 4 doesn't cut it, We have to loot 4 of the 6 that are outside the force field bubble, which I have failed again and again and again.
There simply isnt time to fight off escorts for 2 freighters, stop and loot them, and then run way across the map in a tail chase to fight off more escorts and stop and loot two more freighters.

Currently the optional objective is a lie, so either change the wording or make it so that looting four freighters actually fulfills it.

Addition: This isn't the only thing thats bugged in the Klingon Pi Canis missions. In Kern system 'Defeat 4 federation ships, destroy 5 surveillance satellites'), the Fed ships shoot at the satellites they are supposed to defend...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
12-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
Way to miss the point.

The issue is that the Optional objective we are given says 'Loot 4 freighters' and the map contains 8 freighters. But looting just any 4 doesn't cut it, We have to loot 4 of the 6 that are outside the force field bubble, which I have failed again and again and again.
There simply isnt time to fight off escorts for 2 freighters, stop and loot them, and then run way across the map in a tail chase to fight off more escorts and stop and loot two more freighters.

Currently the optional objective is a lie, so either change the wording or make it so that looting four freighters actually fulfills it.

Addition: This isn't the only thing thats bugged in the Klingon Pi Canis missions. In Kern system 'Defeat 4 federation ships, destroy 5 surveillance satellites'), the Fed ships shoot at the satellites they are supposed to defend...
No....

You are missing the point... The two in the shield bubble are supposed to be counting... however there is a bug that is counting something twice with the 6 transports at the beginning of the mission. You should only "have" to loot 2 of the first 6, and then pick up the last 2 by disabling and looting the 2 that are in the bubble.

As long as you get at least 2 of the first set of transports, the optional objective should not be failing.

I have this fixed internally... I'm not certian it has made it to Holodeck....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
12-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
No....

You are missing the point... The two in the shield bubble are supposed to be counting... however there is a bug that is counting something twice with the 6 transports at the beginning of the mission. You should only "have" to loot 2 of the first 6, and then pick up the last 2 by disabling and looting the 2 that are in the bubble.

As long as you get at least 2 of the first set of transports, the optional objective should not be failing.

I have this fixed internally... I'm not certian it has made it to Holodeck....
Gozer, I hope you know Gearhead doesn't represent even a fraction of the KDF population. Most of the KDFers I talk to about your work for us mention your name in a hushed reverence Like one might a Sumerian God :p But in all seriousness, thanks for all of your time and effort on this stuff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59
12-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
No....

You are missing the point... The two in the shield bubble are supposed to be counting... however there is a bug that is counting something twice with the 6 transports at the beginning of the mission. You should only "have" to loot 2 of the first 6, and then pick up the last 2 by disabling and looting the 2 that are in the bubble.

As long as you get at least 2 of the first set of transports, the optional objective should not be failing.

I have this fixed internally... I'm not certian it has made it to Holodeck....
Ok, then its good news.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
12-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
I have this fixed internally... I'm not certian it has made it to Holodeck....
Thanks for your work
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:16 AM.