Lt. Commander
"The Longing" sounds like a great mission , if you can get to it .

The problem:

It takes place in Gamma Orionis , and you have to use the Transwarp Conduit to get there ... -- which is only available from a certin rank (Capitain I think ?) .
Now , I'm a Commander , thus I could not use the Transwarp Conduit , thus I couldn't even begin the game .

However , my task mission log (that shows all my "in process" missions) puts this mission as available at "Lt.1" rank ... -- which makes no sense if you can't get to the game .
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotrik1 View Post
"The Longing" sounds like a great mission , if you can get to it .

The problem:

It takes place in Gamma Orionis , and you have to use the Transwarp Conduit to get there ... -- which is only available from a certin rank (Capitain I think ?) .
Now , I'm a Commander , thus I could not use the Transwarp Conduit , thus I couldn't even begin the game .

However , my task mission log (that shows all my "in process" missions) puts this mission as available at "Lt.1" rank ... -- which makes no sense if you can't get to the game .
It seems like an unimplemented feature to restrict missions to certain levels. "The Longing" is certainly a difficult end-game mission so the Lt. lvl. 1 rating is the bug, not the fact, that you can't get to Gamma Orionis.

I'm very sorry, you can not (yet) play the mission. I hope that over the holidays I manage to get another mission done. If I do, I'll make certain is is available for players of all ranks.

Regards and happy Xmas,
Rachel
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-23-2010, 12:11 PM
There is a current bug that isn't properly restricting missions by level requirements, which is why I suspect you were able to acquire the mission in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelGarrett View Post

I'm very sorry, you can not (yet) play the mission. I hope that over the holidays I manage to get another mission done. If I do, I'll make certain is is available for players of all ranks.

Regards and happy Xmas,
Rachel
Thanks for your response Rachel .
I can actualy do the mission (I have leveled a few chars by now) , I was just enjoying my first Engineer char (and I get a kick out of playing low level chars , don't ask me why , but i do :p) , and as ZeroniusRex pointed out there is a bug .

Happy New-Year to all

p.s. I heard of this mission from the STOked guys who promoted it on one of their latest vid-casts .