Lt. Commander
# 31
12-23-2010, 12:36 PM
first the excel...now the grumba.

it was pretty obvious when people willing bought the excel they were climbing in bed with the devil. obviously once you give a corporation an inch theyre going to try and take a mile.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
I don't know why it says it, but I think it's pretty funny that it does say '... poke you in the eye".

(I took a screenie for posterity's sake, because they'll probably edit it out, heh.)
Yes, that will be fixed shortly after the new year. So take your screen shots now!

The "...poke you in the eye" text is a leftover from our placeholder description for the item in the c-store. The original description was a rewrite to a popular 80's children's television show theme song.

The re-write made note of some similarities this ship has to the characters portrayed in that show, and also made light of the design of the ship itself.

Sometimes, our designers have a pretty awesome sense of humor.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance86
first the excel...now the grumba.

it was pretty obvious when people willing bought the excel they were climbing in bed with the devil. obviously once you give a corporation an inch theyre going to try and take a mile.
Which is why we, as the customers, have to be willing to call them on unethical practices. We should also be protected by whistleblower laws from censure, this is also one of the few areas where we should be protected by the first amendment in these private forums.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-23-2010, 12:44 PM
if they had just added a tier 3 version too for free without all the transforming stuff and javelin weapon id be 100% fine with it. thats what they did with the nebula and excelsior, i liked that approach that they started but it seems the delay to make the ship super awesome has come at a very steep price to us.

i cant remember exactly what dstahl said, and usually he does say stuff like 'i think' and i know hes been out of the office and he does not control the money side of things but this is the first thing they have done that actually has me irritated and im very forgiving and understanding of them.

i do like the ship itself and probably will buy it because i think its one of the better ships they have made but just not pleased with the way this has come about but ill probably wait a bit and see how my mood takes me. if your going to do it make sure we know in advance. i myself look a complete idiot telling people it should be available for emblems like all the others and then its not.

i praise them a lot when they do stuff right and they want to be told when they mess up, and honestly i think they messed up on this one. i hope we hear what their thinking was behind this, or better yet that its some mistake on their part. i will forgive them for that if its an oversight, albeit an epic one.
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
if they had just added a tier 3 version too for free without all the transforming stuff and javelin weapon id be 100% fine with it. thats what they did with the nebula and excelsior, i liked that approach that they started but it seems the delay to make the ship super awesome has come at a very steep price to us.

i cant remember exactly what dstahl said, and usually he does say stuff like 'i think' and i know hes been out of the office and he does not control the money side of things but this is the first thing they have done that actually has me irritated and im very forgiving and understanding of them.

i do like the ship itself and probably will buy it because i think its one of the better ships they have made but just not pleased with the way this has come about but ill probably wait a bit and see how my mood takes me. if your going to do it make sure we know in advance. i myself look a complete idiot telling people it should be available for emblems like all the others and then its not.

i praise them a lot when they do stuff right and they want to be told when they mess up, and honestly i think they messed up on this one. i hope we hear what their thinking was behind this, or better yet that its some mistake on their part. i will forgive them for that if its an oversight, albeit an epic one.
Edit: the Nebula is available for Marks, and both are available at tier 3 for free. Neither of these ships are really gamechangers though and are mostly cosmetic.
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
3- i don't believe you can buy it for tokens or emblems which again is out of keeping with the other max level ships. unlike the other the description on the website page does not say you can and i cant see it on the consoles. someone please correct me if im wrong on that or if it updates itself shortly to be available.
Actually, if this is the case, it's in line with the Federation Tier 5 Excelsior Class retrofit, which (for Feds) can also only be purchased from the C-Store; and isn't available for purchase using the RAUH1 ship token or Emblems/Marks of Exploration.

So now, (for good or bad, depending on how you look at it), the KDF has parity with the Feds in that they too, now have a Level 51 refit you can only purchase off the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:

i will praise them when i see a good thing as well, but Im not going to say they messed up and then turn around and pat them on the back by purchasing that thing.

its called sending mixed signals.
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Both the Excelsior and this ship need to be available ingame in some fashion.

Its pretty disheartening to see them take two steps forward with this game and one step back again and again.

After making the other KDF species specific ships available ingame and the C-store this just seems wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Actually, if this is the case, it's in line with the Federation Tier 5 Excelsior Class retrofit, which (for Feds) can also only be purchased from the C-Store; and isn't available for purchase using the RAUH1 ship token or Emblems/Marks of Exploration.

So now, (for good or bad, depending on how you look at it), the KDF has parity with the Feds in that they too, now have a Level 51 refit you can only purchase off the C-Store.
Its not in line when the Excelsior is 1200 points and this ship is 2000.
Lt. Commander
# 40
12-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post

yep but the excelsior comes has a tier 3 version

if we get a tier 3 nausicaan ship ill be happy