Lt. Commander
# 11
12-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks! That was very helpful!

Edited to add: I used your tips this evening with my science officer main going up against both Romulans and Klingons and they helped immensely! One thing I'd like to add, if I may: From what I've seen, each of the oppo races has their own fighting methods that reflects their culture. Klingons, Gorn, and Nausicaans will close to melee. Romulans and Cardassians (at least those few Cardies I've tangled with so far) prefer to stay at range. Orions will mix it and match--they'll both close with you and stay at range--they're the most flexible.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-27-2011, 03:22 AM
One thing I dont get about the Aggro managment:

For some reason when I'm alone with my BOs I ALWAYS get aggro even if I dont even fight.
I set the focus of my bos on a random targert in an enemy group and do nothing but standing arround; the FIRST thing happening is that at least 2 enemys attack me.... If the aggro managment works the way its discribet here, how can that happen?

(That is usually my tactic... or was before Ground 2.0, during that exploration mission where we have to scan objects/consoles guardet by enemys.... When I'm simply to lazy to fight that doesnts of groups I send in the BOs for distraction and go scanning without attacking.... but, as I said, most times I pull aggro anyway, even if I am far away from them and neighter used an attack skill nor anything else)
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
One thing I dont get about the Aggro managment:

For some reason when I'm alone with my BOs I ALWAYS get aggro even if I dont even fight.
I set the focus of my bos on a random targert in an enemy group and do nothing but standing arround; the FIRST thing happening is that at least 2 enemys attack me.... If the aggro managment works the way its discribet here, how can that happen?

(That is usually my tactic... or was before Ground 2.0, during that exploration mission where we have to scan objects/consoles guardet by enemys.... When I'm simply to lazy to fight that doesnts of groups I send in the BOs for distraction and go scanning without attacking.... but, as I said, most times I pull aggro anyway, even if I am far away from them and neighter used an attack skill nor anything else)
Aggro typically switches an NPC to the person doing the most damage to it. If its not being damaged, and there are enemies in range of it, it will randomly select one.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-29-2011, 03:41 AM
great guide, albeit a bit outdated due to season 4 making retreat and micromanagement unviable options since u can kill small groups easily and bigger groups will easily overcome u
now its more about tanking it out or hitting them real hard real fast :>

still, a great read for newcomers

and the one thing i really miss about ppl doing is get behind em and let loose the shots of pain right in their backs, not many ppl do this but it takes little effort and comes with a great result, especially vs borg, where shotguns will just mow down those drones, leaving only tacticals for u to deal with
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-29-2011, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Aggro typically switches an NPC to the person doing the most damage to it. If its not being damaged, and there are enemies in range of it, it will randomly select one.
May be I should give my BOS aoe-weopons (like the Miniguns)....