Lt. Commander
# 1 Crafting help
12-22-2010, 06:44 PM
I havent done much crafting since there was never anything that looked very interesting but even so, whenever I pass an anomaly I scan it and have a good amount of samples now. But when I started crafting so that I can make Aegis I ran out of the lower level ones really fast I thought I would spend some time farming in the next few days.

My question is would it be easier to farm for the really low level still and just work like an assembly line and just keep spewing out tons of normal equipment that just give 10xp or should I go for the more difficult ones to create?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-22-2010, 07:23 PM
rare traces don't drop much, so if you are just going to build up your crafting to build the aegis set, I would recommend NOT building anything using rare traces till then. There was one trace (beta-tachyon) that I had never had drop that I needed and ended up buying off exchange just so I could complete the set.

Now if you are selling what you are building, the higher level and more rare stuff will likely sell for more. You will also need your low end mats to build schematics all along the way so it probably is not wise to use them to build the items as well as the schematics or you will run out of them before you know it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-23-2010, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan118 View Post
I havent done much crafting since there was never anything that looked very interesting but even so, whenever I pass an anomaly I scan it and have a good amount of samples now. But when I started crafting so that I can make Aegis I ran out of the lower level ones really fast I thought I would spend some time farming in the next few days.

My question is would it be easier to farm for the really low level still and just work like an assembly line and just keep spewing out tons of normal equipment that just give 10xp or should I go for the more difficult ones to create?
I feel it is better to craft items that give higher xp because you'll get through it a lot faster. However the rare traces are.... well rare, so it won't be easy to craft items that need them (which usually gives 50xp). You should still be able to do the 30xp ones.

Just in case you need it, here is a sto crafting guide.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-23-2010, 02:01 PM
Double post. See below.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-23-2010, 02:02 PM
I did a combo of crafting rare items and turning out large hypos and such. I would not make the very rares or traces at all and save them for Mk XI or Aegis gear.