Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
12-23-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwilow View Post
Hey Cryptic Greedy Much?

While everyone's jumping on the "It's the klingon Galaxy-X equivalent" bandwagon, I'll pass on yet another money grab which is sad because I leveled a klink just for this ship and I've bought every other c-store release but $25 2 days before Christmas is the straw that breaks this camels back.

BTW wasn't this supposed to be a T4 ship or did they change that when they decided it was a $25 ship.

Very disappointed and disheartened by the Ebenezer move they pulled here.
I levelled a KDF specifically for this ship, too. I also remember them saying that this was supposed to be a lv 41 ship. I guess they did change their mind after they decided that KDF players were so desperate for content that we would happily drop nearly 2 months subscription cost a day before christmas eve for a spiffy ship after they introduced the ugly and frankly dull Orion and Gorn ships.

Really all I wanted was a Talon Battleship. Can we at least get that one added to the game without attempted wallet reaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igax View Post
Honestly, in the referral program or not doesn't matter, Klingons were promised a more fleshed out faction nearly a year ago now... we have to buy starship variants/skins and now we have to pay to have new ships as well. More than a little disgusted on this one. There is NO option for a tac ship other than the raptor at LG.
And I would honestly feel incredibly guilty trying to trick my friends into playing a game with devs as disingenuous as this one has.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-23-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Actually, I don't think it does (ie drive people away). .
Well, I know I am just one person checking in, but i'd like to raise my hand as one of those who has been driven away in no small part because of the store. Sub is up mid jan.

I do like alot of the game, but whenever I see the home page with the latest news being a c-store advert, it just rubs me a little raw for a sub based game. Especially for something at the core of the game, ships.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say in response to you.
Lt. Commander
# 23
12-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Do some of the weapons appear from empty space around the new destroyer? Or do some of the warp effects not light up correctly with the new addons. If not, be grateful its not 3000 points since its not messed up like the Defective-X.
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
It was 'test-drivable' on Tribble (for free) for a coiuple of weeks. In fact, that's where the final tweaking of its abilities came from, based on the feedback there.

As i said, my Klingon is not there yet.

And i assure you, in 2 months or whenever i get there the *testing for free*-phase will be over and done for sure.
i need weekly episodes to level my klingon further... probably 2 or 3 more series until i am that level.

conclusion: no test drive for me.
No test drive for any player that buys the game in 6 Months and beyond.
But another 2000 CP Ship on the C-Store.

Seriously.

We asked to flesh out the poorly outfitted Klingon faction ship tiers by adding allready existing Orion, Gorn and Nausicaan Ships to every Tier of the Game.
We did not ask for new ships, but for the ones that were allready existing.
Of course nobody is complaining if Cryptic says "hey we want to make new ones for you"... but that realy wasn't what we have asked for.

We got 3 Endgame Ships now (newly made ones and that took a damn long time to create and add very little incentive to play Klingon side below Endgame Levels.

The whole idea was to get the lower tiers more intresting by adding Ships that are allready in the game and don't need to be created first.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
As i said, my Klingon is not there yet.

And i assure you, in 2 months or whenever i get there the *testing for free*-phase will be over and done for sure.
i need weekly episodes to level my klingon further... probably 2 or 3 more series until i am that level.

conclusion: no test drive for me.
No test drive for any player that buys the game in 6 Months and beyond.
But another 2000 CP Ship on the C-Store.

Seriously.

We asked to flesh out the poorly outfitted Klingon faction ship tiers by adding allready existing Orion, Gorn and Nausicaan Ships to every Tier of the Game.
We did not ask for new ships, but for the ones that were allready existing.
Of course nobody is complaining if Cryptic says "hey we want to make new ones for you"... but that realy wasn't what we have asked for.

We got 3 Endgame Ships now (newly made ones and that took a damn long time to create and add very little incentive to play Klingon side below Endgame Levels.

The whole idea was to get the lower tiers more intresting by adding Ships that are allready in the game and don't need to be created first.
Quoting for truth
Lt. Commander
# 26 So Funny
12-23-2010, 03:47 PM
"if it's one thing DS9 taught us, it's that Star Trek fans will consume and support anything within the franchise no matter how bad it is" (may not be word for word) - Quote from the G4 review of STO just recently.

Seems Cryptic is fully aware of the fact you will not only jump through hoops, but you will throw money out the window while you do it. Amazing how after over 100 posts and close to 5,000 views, the Deanna uniform thread has yet to get a single reply from Cryptic, however they were quick to let you consider waiting around to buy this while they "try" to get it as part of the referal plan.

How nice of them to let you get new STO content if you get them more suc... subscribers.

PT Barnum were he alive today would no doubt be trying to secure this license.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
"if it's one thing DS9 taught us, it's that Star Trek fans will consume and support anything within the franchise no matter how bad it is" (may not be word for word) - Quote from the G4 review of STO just recently.
yeah i've seen that.

and i wanted to beat the guy in the face for that line.

DS9 was a great show !!!

and we did not realy support ENTERPRISE or that awfull JJ Movie.... eh?
Lt. Commander
# 28
12-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
DS9 was a great show !!!

and we did not realy support ENTERPRISE or that awfull JJ Movie.... eh?
Yup, DS 9 was pretty good once they figured out how to make it work from Bab 5. Definitely a better show than TNG.

And for support, forget about those two things...just look at the box office for Nemesis.
Lt. Commander
# 29
12-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axterix
...just look at the box office for Nemesis.
...sad but true.

But i actually liked that Movie, i rather bash on the JJ one that made absolutely nothing diffrent but added some lens flare effects ...and those were stolen from Mass Effect ;P
Lt. Commander
# 30
12-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
How nice of them to let you get new STO content if you get them more suc... subscribers.

PT Barnum were he alive today would no doubt be trying to secure this license.
For those too young or too... For those who don't know this reference, PT Barnum once famously said "There's a sucker born every minute."

Useless pearls of wisdom once again brought to you by Angel Silhouette. :3