Lt. Commander
# 1 Ask Cryptic: January Edition!
12-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi folks,

It's almost time for a new month (and a New Year!) which means it's time to start preparing for another Ask Cryptic. Please post your questions regarding Star Trek Online in this thread, and STO's Executive Producer, DStahl, will do his best to answer as many as possible!

Remember that the answers won't be posted until after the New Year!

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Will we have refit for lower tier ship such as a miranda refit?
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-23-2010, 05:38 PM
In the up coming weekly series are you going to continue stories from the earlier missions in the game or are you going to continue down the same lines as the current episdes by adding new stories
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-23-2010, 05:39 PM
with a new year coming up are we going to see more advances in ship mechanics such as the mutli-vector assault mode for the Prometheus class ships and teir 6 ships? will we get more species ships such as the vulcan Suurok class or maybe even the vulcan cruiser seen as a graphic in the enterprise episode future tense? thank you for your time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-23-2010, 05:39 PM
I was extremely pleased with the improvements from Season 3, mostly the Sector Space visual improvements and the crafting improvements. I was wondering what you might be adding to the crafting system to make it unique? Is the Aegis set the first of many to come?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Will the price to change my ship's appearance ever be reduced? I can appreciate a small fee, but charging 70k+ ECs just to modify the class on a few pieces of my ship seems a bit pricey.

EDIT: I second this question: Will we be getting more set items in the future, perhaps weapons and/or consoles?
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-23-2010, 05:41 PM
A while ago, it was stated that the level banding in Fleet Actions (ie Starbase 24; Gorn Minefield, etc.) was a TEMPORARY fix for the fact that higher level players could join lower level Fleet action instances, and walk off with the top reward (for being the top DPSer).

Since this 'temporary' fix went in, Fleets Actions in general have become ghost instances (and for me, during open and closed beta, when you could routinely get a full instance); I thought they were some of THE BEST 'group content in the game because you didn't need to be in a formal group; yet everyone would communicate to finish the FA; and a good time ensued and some friendships made.

My question:
----------------
Are you guys ever going to revisit the Fleet Action 'temporary fix'; and reestore the ability for players to just eneter a Fleet action (regardless of level) and be able to run them, contribute; and in general, make this group content something the playerbase at large might want to do more often?
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-23-2010, 05:45 PM
1. Are there any plans to allow missions to be created in the foundry for the exploration sectors?

Edit: I heard you answer this in your most recent interview. You said it is your hope that the foundry will be used for exploration sector missions. So I will change my question. Will we be able to create diplomacy missions in the foundry that will yield diplomacy XP?

2. The current state of the game for me is pretty awesome. I feel a ton of well needed changes have already been made and Klingons are starting to show some of thier potential. I am one who wishes for a revamp of ground combat. But for me the exploration sectors are where I feel the weakest parts of the game are currently. Here is a list of where I feel the focus should be in order of importance for me personally. I understand the greater community might feel differently. So I ask if you could shed some more light on upcoming changes in these areas.

1. Exploration sectors.

2. Klingons.

3. Ground combat.

Edit: also want to know about future crafting equipment. Any plans to add oddball items that are just for fun? FOr example the fireworks emote could have been a craftable item.

Thanks. Hope you had a great holiday and feel much better.

Pikoy
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-23-2010, 05:46 PM
First, I'd like to say I hope dstahl gets over being sick and gets to enjoy his holidays!
  • Will the second mini-game (that was pulled prior to the launch of Season 2) make it's way into the game soon? Last we heard, it was pulled because it needed some tweaking.
  • Any hints on the 3rd Weekly Series? (sector(s) they'll take place in, enemy, etc.)
  • Will the 400-day Veteran Reward, the Captain's Yacht, be a controlable ship, or a pet, like the shuttles and runabout reward? Also, will there be a Klingon version, or will it only be for Feds?
  • Will we be seeing Poker (and, hopefully, 3D-Chess) during Season 3, or will they more likely be introduced in Season 4+?
  • Can you tell us more about the crew mechanic coming in Season 4? I'm most interested in if we will be allowed to name a full Senior Staff (Chief Engineer, CMO, Helm, Chief Tactical, etc).
  • Will the 'Intrepid Variant' bridges ever be looked at and redone?
  • What other loot sets, if any, are being planned? (I really hope there's a personal shield/body armor/kit one in the making.)

And now for the most important question:
  • When will we get our Porthos pets?!
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-23-2010, 05:47 PM
So, with the 300 day veteran rewards live and the 400 day veteran rewards less than 100 days away, I was wondering if Cryptic would be continuing this? Will there be more rewards every 100 days? 200 days? 500 days? or will this be the end of Veteran Rewards? I kinda enjoy looking forward to the new uniform piece or whatever it is. I've had people ask me where I received the combadge from the 100 day reward or my ability to shoot fire works. I think it gives those that see it something to get excited about.
Closed Thread