Lt. Commander
# 11
12-23-2010, 05:50 PM
When will we be seeing specs on the new Andorian and Vulcan ships upcoming? Are these going to have the same Bridge Officer layouts and stats as other ships, or will they be more unique in use, similar to the Nebula class?

I would also really really like to see some new Melee weapons in this game. I know it's not high priority, but are any melee weapons on the table? I am particularly interested in the Vulcan Lirpa, the Andorian Ushaan-tor, and the Nausicaan Swords, but any info would be appreciated greatly.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-23-2010, 05:51 PM
With Star trek online first year anniversary coming up in Feb Dan can you give us any hints to what you DEV Lads are cooking up for the first year anniversary of STO. Will we see any universal class ship that all Officer class could fly, very balance universal ship for both sides Fed and Klingon, like teir 6 ships thanks Dan and DEV lads keep up the great work.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-23-2010, 06:09 PM
With the Borg and Aegis sets changing the appearance of our ships, are there plans to have ship items already in game add further customization of the look of our ships? For example say the different armor consoles changing how the outer hull looks.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Thanx for answering questions from us. I have a few questions if you can answer which would be great.

1) There was talk about open pvp from stahl, I was hoping that you could possibly illaberate on where you would like to take this idea in game wise.

2) Currently there are a borg kit, and a aegis kit that alter the look of your ships and also give you increased stats. Are there plans on making more kits like this in the near future and also.. to go with this question, do you have plans to bring in more pieces (engines,shields) ect that will alter the look of your ship???

3) Klingons have come a little ways since launch. Which I would like to thank the devs for bringing more to the faction. Is there plans to bring more pve options to the empire? So that the grind through the empire isnt soooo *STRECH..YAWNNN*? Also is there plans to bring in more ships.. possibly a futuristic neghvar or something along those lines.. (big huge battleship)
Lt. Commander
As the Foundry grows and Cryptic eventually introduces the Foundry in the upcoming NWO and CO, I'm hopeful game-play in Cryptic games will be innovated with the growth of the Foundry itself. Do you actually see fervently desired Foundry features, like multiple branches in mission objectives and dialogs, appearing in the normal content Cryptic will produce for all three titles as the rule rather than an exception?
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-23-2010, 06:19 PM
It's been discussed several times how the exploration star cluster missions could use some improvement. Specifically, we keep repeating the same handful of generic missions with new skins. Unfortunately, setting aside the amount of resources required to make hundreds of truly unique and engaging missions probably isn't feasible. Any thoughts in leveraging the foundry for this? Perhaps player-made missions can be specially designed, then nominated (by staff, players, community, etc.) and hand-picked by Cryptic staff. As players "explore" those clusters, they essentially load up a random foundry mission with its unique plots, characters, and gameplay. It might make cluster exploration more fun because you never know what you're going to get (exploring!) rather than rolling the dice on the same set of missions every time.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-23-2010, 06:25 PM
The foundry could possibly be the greatest thing yet to happen to STO. It allows the game to be improved by Star Trek's ultimate weapon, it's community. Given that maps can be designed in the current tool, will we see the capability to design ship bridges/interiors given to the Foundry in the near future?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Need new, more powerful ships for Vice Admiral, preferably called Tier 6. I think the current ships are rather inadequate for such a rank. The most weapons on a ship is 8 (4 fore, 4 aft), we need something with more bite and alittle different, say 10 weapons (4 fore, 4 aft, 1 port and 1 starbrd) and more consoles.

We have the chance to buy device slots in Cryptic Store, why not allow us to buy extra engineering, tactical and science slots?
Lt. Commander
# 19
12-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Now that we got the Orion, Gorn and unbelievable pricey Nausicaan Ship for Endgame Levels,

are there any plans to go back to the initial request from the Community to add the allready existing PvE Orion, Gorn and Nausicaan Ships, (at least as Skins) for the lower Tiers of the KDF line of Ships to fluff out the boring lower Tiers?

Without any touching up, without any C-Store pirectags attached to it, without any additional Skillboxes or special abilities, simple Copy & Paste job's to flesh out the KDF Shiptiers as an easy short term fix, to make the long boring grindy way up to endgame more enjoyable?

I realy just want to play an Orion Commander who fly's Orion Ships and works for the Klingon's but isn't part of the Klingon Military.

(would a Klingon Emperor realy give Warships to Orion and Gorn Commanders? The Klingons would annex the Gorn and Orion Fleets, maybe use their Soldiers as lowly workers on their own Ships, but Command?
That honour is for 100% loyal Klingon Warriors only!)
Lt. Commander
# 20
12-23-2010, 06:36 PM
We've had the problem for a while and we were told to be patient. Well, it's been a long time since anything was said about it. When are people going to be credited for items that they purchased with emblems and marks that were supposed to be Bind On Equip, but they became bound when they where picked up. I lost a lot of emblems and marks because of this problem. I reported it at least 5 times and I was told that it will take time. Well, how much time? Some people can not play the game everyday, so it takes a while to build up enough emblems and marks to get the good items. Can we expect a refund or credit for the items anytime soon?
Closed Thread