Lt. Commander
# 1 Borg Mission: Assimilation Help
12-24-2010, 01:55 AM
I'm stuck on the guinea pig part of the mission. I have beamed into a big room where there are some partly assimilated Undine and been told to defeat borg too obtain codes. Unless there's a specific borg, there's just too many to defeat!!

Grace
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-24-2010, 02:02 AM
1 hint, don't use split beam rifles
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-24-2010, 02:17 AM
Managed it!! I just kept dying and going back till the Assimilated Undine showed up!! Man that was getting frustrating!! Need a coffee break!

Thanks and I was using Sniper Rifles not split beam

Grace
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-24-2010, 02:37 AM
You can do it without dying, which took me two tries to figure out.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-24-2010, 02:54 AM
Care to share? :p

G
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-24-2010, 03:11 AM
Pretty easy: don't pull more than you can handle.

If you have problems with this, there's a few things you can do:

1. You can stop your BOffs from running around starting fights by using the go stand here command thing. Park 'em around a corner, now invite some Borg around that corner.

2. You can set your BOffs to passive, then use "attack my target" or its keyboard shortcut of 'y' to get them to kill your target.

3. You can right click their powers to stop them from using it. This can be used to stop your engineer from using summoning drone or phaser turret, if that is what is causing you aggro problems.

4. You can better control what you shoot at, so you aggro less stuff.

5. Learn to pull better. Most extra aggro can be avoided by knowing which group to aggro next. If a particular group is likely to aggro, maybe it should be the one you attack next.

6. Learn to be able to handle more. A better mix of BOff powers. A better choice of weapons for you (split beams, sniper rifles on normal difficulty solo content are for sissies!) and your BOffs (expose, expose, expose, and maybe expose, ideally all AoE). Kiting the Borg around as opposed to standing next to them. Using at least 2 engineer BOffs each of which has at least 2 phaser turret powers, to spread out aggro more, plus increase firepower, is a pretty easy way to go. Ideally, give them Recharge Shield I ( Shield Recharge I?) as well. Have your BOffs assist you to quickly drop drone after drone and then go for the elite tactical last. And again with the kiting, so your BOffs and turrets are attacking the borg from behind, go go flanking bonus. And so on.

Anyway, that mission is pretty easy, though it can be a bit tedious due to the quantity of borg.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Most of what I did is keep my BOs passive and draw groups of 2 Borg (like the 2 around each partially assembled Undine, which you can aggro by scanning the Undine) into a secluded area (there are dead end corridors near eacb console with the captured Undine) and repeat for each pair working on an Undine. This will be enough to advance the mission as well as get the "Ipossible" Accolade.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-24-2010, 11:43 AM
I did kinda realise some of this as I went along but for a while it just seemed like the most impossible mission!!

I'm now stuck on Fluid Dynamics and I'm just getting sucked into the rift and having 20 minute battles with no end in sight!! May come back to that one after I've got to VA :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Killing stuff in space on normal difficulty should be cake if you have decent power settings and weapons.

Helps to have at least 1 hull healing power as well.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-24-2010, 01:33 PM
I didn't say I was dying :p No after some help from Latinumbar today, I've sorted out my BO specials (inc heals) so I'm fine for healing and I have upgraded as much as I am able to, most of my kit bar my weapons and I'm doing much better but it's just the volume of these things to kill and I can't seem to go around and find the right rift in any sensible amount of time for a mission!!
Closed Thread