Lt. Commander
# 1 STO app for ipod and ipad
12-21-2010, 11:51 AM
I think there should be a app of STO for ipod and ipad users so we can check our character stats weapons items etc and also see other players character stats aswell while online and maybe there could be a option to create a avater using our character as template and would like to here some other ideas aswell if you like this idea
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Can't wait for you to create one. Great idea.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-23-2010, 09:18 AM
There is an App. for the Droid letting you know of the servers status and a link to the STO website.. It's not much but I have it on my phone for Sh!ts and giggles..
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-24-2010, 08:11 AM
don't forget the Androids as well. not everyone is with AT&T
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiemc View Post
I think there should be a app of STO for ipod and ipad users so we can check our character stats weapons items etc and also see other players character stats aswell while online and maybe there could be a option to create a avater using our character as template and would like to here some other ideas aswell if you like this idea
Sadly unless Cryptic make one this won't happen.

Apple won't let apps with the phrase star trek into the app store, something to do with Paramount and interllectual property. Silly, but true. Found this out when working to make Tap Play (www.tapplay.shorturl.com) which is a game controller that lets you use LCARS on your iPad, iPOd or iPhone to play Star Trek ONline, trying to put Star Trek Online into the title, search metadata or even descprition was a big no no and resulted in rejection.

That said - check out Tap Play - you might like that, not quite what you want but still.