Lt. Commander
# 1 Gamemaster, Bugs, and Gameplay
12-24-2010, 10:10 AM
I usually do not go in for this but once again I will for this MMO. It seems like th devs just dropped out of space themselves and have never been involved or seen an MMO before. I started playing this game at launch and was through all the content in three weeks, THREE WEEKS! Not 3 months, three years, three weeks. I later heard of major updates and came back to give the game another chance. The weekly episodes were a great idea and they were fun. They did add more levels and I had hope that it would take longer to get to the top./ It did,. It added another week, woppee. I would not mind that so much of they offered something at that level. I am here for the story, not the PvP and the constant missions, “Eliminate the forces”, “Find the Object”, etc. That is one major thing wrong with this game.

Possibly the worst is the customer service and the gamemasters, are there any? If so I have only gotten a message from one, Tuvok or Turak or some such name and the response (a day later) is: “We are aware of the problem and will fix it in a future patch”. In this case it was the newest weekly adventure with the title “Cold Case”. You cannot move forward after you try to destroy the asteroid chunks. I was told it would be fixed. They did three patches this week and did not address the issue. I reported the problem again and was told the same thing, “We are aware of the problem and will fix it in a future patch”.
I have decided to take a break and let them get new content and fix things. Oh one last item. I logged into my other MMO and they can take their account server down WITHOUT interfering with game play. Cryptic, wake up, go look at some other real MMO’s.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurnen
Cryptic, wake up, go look at some other real MMO’s.
Sigh.

Thanks for the Christmas Eve whine-rant thread. Good to see we can't go a day without one.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Sigh.

Thanks for the Christmas Eve whine-rant thread. Good to see we can't go a day without one.
lol agreed :p

These moaning minnies will never be happy, even this close to Christmas. Bunch of feeble minded individuals if you ask me (and i know you didn't ask me, but you deserve it any way). I'm stuck on Cold Case too, and guess what, rather than add yet another thread about the same thing, i just get on with the rest of my missions on my Fed and Klingon characters knowing that soon enough, it will be fixed. I do pity those that have no grasp on game development and the like. You do understand people are starving and dying all over the world right now. Actually, i'm sure you don't. Its Christmas, that means its presents, and you'll carry on without a care from your selfish self. Grow up, and develop some patience and a little respect for cry out loud ><

Oh, and Merry Christmas to all the STO players who don't believe the world revolves around them. And Merry Christmas to all at Cryptic. Thank you for a wonderful game that continues to get better as each month passes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurnen
I usually do not go in for this but once again I will for this MMO. It seems like th devs just dropped out of space themselves and have never been involved or seen an MMO before. I started playing this game at launch and was through all the content in three weeks, THREE WEEKS! Not 3 months, three years, three weeks. I later heard of major updates and came back to give the game another chance. The weekly episodes were a great idea and they were fun. They did add more levels and I had hope that it would take longer to get to the top./ It did,. It added another week, woppee. I would not mind that so much of they offered something at that level. I am here for the story, not the PvP and the constant missions, “Eliminate the forces”, “Find the Object”, etc. That is one major thing wrong with this game.

Possibly the worst is the customer service and the gamemasters, are there any? If so I have only gotten a message from one, Tuvok or Turak or some such name and the response (a day later) is: “We are aware of the problem and will fix it in a future patch”. In this case it was the newest weekly adventure with the title “Cold Case”. You cannot move forward after you try to destroy the asteroid chunks. I was told it would be fixed. They did three patches this week and did not address the issue. I reported the problem again and was told the same thing, “We are aware of the problem and will fix it in a future patch”.
I have decided to take a break and let them get new content and fix things. Oh one last item. I logged into my other MMO and they can take their account server down WITHOUT interfering with game play. Cryptic, wake up, go look at some other real MMO’s.
Hmmm. This troll seems to be trying to communicate.
Closed Thread