Lt. Commander
# 21
12-23-2010, 03:27 PM
[12/23 22:09] You lost 200,000 Gold-Pressed Latinum

[12/23 22:09] Item acquired: Latinum Ingots - Wall Trophy

[12/23 22:09] You used Latinum Ingots - Wall Trophy

Least you got something. All I got was this message then nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-23-2010, 04:46 PM
You want to know what really sucks?

I bought the 500k Latinum floor trophy.

Damn thing didn't even show up when I went to display it on my ship.

Sent a bug report. It's still not there.

Lt. Commander
# 23
12-23-2010, 11:05 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 24
12-24-2010, 02:03 AM
"By the time I joined TNG, Gene had decreed that money most emphatically did NOT exist in the Federation, nor did 'credits' and that was that. Personally, I've always felt this was a bunch of hooey, but it was one of the rules and that's that." - Ronald Moore.

The Federation's currency (or lack there of) has always gone back and forth, depending on the writer. Either way, Gene wasn't doing Star Trek any favors by trying to absolve currency and infighting in the Federation. It removed a lot of potential storylines, as has been noted many times by Star Trek writers.
Lt. Commander
# 25
12-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglis View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
LOL really, so your company is so horrible at customer service that you will remove my post and give me an infraction. You know you just proved my point that you people have no idea what your doing. Instead of removing posts and handing out infractions, or using your ban hammer, why dont you use your time fixing all the problems that this game has and you wont have people talking bad about your company. Of Course that makes sense, so you all obviously will never figure it out.
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarfox
It does seem to me a couple times in the shows or movies they mentioned that they don't have a use for money. In the one TNG episode where they find a bunch of 20th century people who had been frozen until science could heal them, one of them was a business man and Picard told him that the Federation had outgrown the need for money.
Picard actually told Ralph Offenhouse:

Quote:
"A lot has changed in three hundred years. People are no longer obsessed with the accumulation of 'things'. We have eliminated hunger, want, the need for possessions."
Interpret it how you will.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-25-2010, 04:03 PM
The loaded accolade is worh it