Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-22-2010, 04:47 PM
My Excelsior holds Q torps and phaser weapons (DBB and CA). Those phaser relays help a ton. So does the ZPQC console. Sticking to a specific type does help... though I want to try anti-proton on my Klingon instead.
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-22-2010, 08:50 PM
to the OP: What they're saying...

get the +phaser console instead of the +beam if you use phaser turrets/cannons and beams. the bonus is the same just gives you more wiggle room with the phaser damage type.

Thats what i got from all this lol :-)
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-22-2010, 08:57 PM
The other factor is cost, Sometimes you have to mix and match equipment to afford a good build. Let's say X build costs 300k, but you can get Y build for 20k I'd go with Y build.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
to the OP: What they're saying...

get the +phaser console instead of the +beam if you use phaser turrets/cannons and beams. the bonus is the same just gives you more wiggle room with the phaser damage type.

Thats what i got from all this lol :-)
Yes. As he's saying your choice won't affect the performance of your weapons, only your options. A +phaser console will boost all phaser-based weaponry (phaser beam array, dual phaser beam banks, phaser turrets, phaser dual cannons, etc). On the other hand, a +beam console will boost all beam-based weaponry (phaser beam array, dual disruptor beam bank, tetryon beam array, dual antiproton beam banks, etc).

In the above case, which choice is best for you depends on whether your ship uses all beam weapons or not, or all phaser weapons or not. And if all your weapons happen to be phaser beam based, then a +26 phaser console and a +26 beam console will provide you with exactly the same performance boost.