Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
12-20-2010, 10:44 PM
my particle traces are alphabetized, but my data samples are arranged in order from the highest stack to the lowest stacks- so i can tell at a glance where i need to go next for farming.

I have memorized where in the stack each particle trace is(i have had more than enough time to), and I am that obsessicve-compulsive, that as i collect particle traces, i put them in alphabetical order.

I do not have a major problem with identifying my particle traces anymore- though i understand not everyone has OCD
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-21-2010, 09:58 AM
I would like to see "atomic" numbers and maybe the first letter or two of the name as part of the icon on the current symbol.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-21-2010, 11:16 AM
i would just add one or two letters on top of the existing icon.

Like in the Periodic System.

Chronometric Particle Trace would then be "Ch" or "Cr"
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-21-2010, 01:36 PM
I endorse this idea...kind of annoying when stacking traces in the bank
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Support this idea - very basic really, I can't imagine this didn't come up in QA during testing.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-26-2010, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
Support this idea - very basic really, I can't imagine this didn't come up in QA during testing.
I seem to recall the rare traces were originally supposed to be unique, so knowing where to put the extra ones wouldn't have come up.

I too support some sort of differentiation of icons. I'd also support changing one of the names so I don't feel the urge to go "Duuuuude!" whenever I get one, like some sort of 90s teen movie.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-27-2010, 11:29 AM
I'd be happy with a generic "move to bank" option from the right click menu. This would stack any stackable item on top of existing stacks, and if it would overflow the stack, the extra items go into an open bank slot.

This would also fix the problem of when banking zones get laggy and it drops whatever is on your mouse into the wrong slot, causing even more of a mess.