Lt. Commander
Well I was thinking the other day about the injury system and how we've been getting more and more options in recent missions/ episodes/ dailies. How about adding a new type of injury/ damage where you can lose diplomacy DXP?

To use the Romulan/borg rear admiral mission as an example. You are given the choice at the end of the mission to either:

A) Let them go with the Borg technology

or

B) Destroy them to keep the technology from falling into Romulan hands

or

C) Beaming the technology right off the ship while the Rommies know.

Now my idea is that if you choose an option that could either destroy your integrity, go against Federation/ Starfleet values, or potentially harm Star fleet's or the Federation's would result in the loss of diplomatic DXP. That way you need to think more carefully about the decisions you make. Minor offenses would result in minus 10 or 5 (Like destroying the Romulan ship) but a major one would result from 20 to 30 (Like letting the Romulans get away with the technology).

Now if you're an ambassador you get two chances since any loss of DXP would result in a demotion to Envoy. The first chance is a warning. The second chance is the inability to have any of the privlages of an Ambassador ( No DS9 transwarp, Unless you already have any on the diplomatic uni on it is locked, not being able to vote, and your BO is locked). This lasts 10 to 24 hours. After that and you commit an offense, you are demoted whatever amount of skill points you owe. Of course you can always grind right back up and be promoted again. If you are demoted, all those features and the BO are only locked and are reaccesed on promotion to ambassador. (This two chance thing is only for Ambassadors)

In fact there could be long term repercussions to these beyond the loss of DXP. There could be debuffs that could last from a few hours to a couple days. In fact there could be negative accolades you can get called 'Dis-commendations'. These 'dis-commendations would work like Accolades but, will be able to accessed by other players when they look at your stats. It would be overall like a reputation.

Examples:
-Let Romulans get away with precious technology. -25 points
-Failed to rescue all Azura Crew. -5 points
-Threatened Alien ambassador. -10 points
-Threatened neutal party trader. -5
-etc....

Some choices that fail missions (EX: Threaten the Ferengi bartender on Drozana station) will cause a disacomendation once if that choice is chosen. If you repeat that same choice it will not count.

This would make choices in game more meaningful and would actually make starfleet have some morales rather then our current kill fest.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Bad idea. I remember this is what Cryptic did way back in City of Heroes when it first came out in the form of umm... what was it called?

Well, if you happen to die or fail a mission, you would lose XP and then actually trying to get it back was a pain because it would take twicw as long due to the XP being halfed now!

Dammit... what was it called??

Diplomacy missions (I think) are already hard enough to find and I'd hate to lose my rank after spending so much time trying to get it in the first place.

I say no to diplomacy XP loss.

DEBT!!!!! It was called f***ing debt!!!! XD
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-27-2010, 08:41 PM
I ... how to put this ...

For the love of all that is sacred, please, no losing already earned Diplomacy XP. We can't lose our combat levels, so there is no reason for us to be able to lose our diplomacy levels.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-27-2010, 08:49 PM
You obviously put a lot of thought into this and it has merit.... but I don't want to lose any diplomacy xp If diplomacy XP was easy to come by, your idea might be fun to try. However, even if it was easy to come by, you would have players crying foul left and right for losing any diplomacy xp.

That is just more headache than it is worth. Rather than loss, I think a better system would be "gaining rouge points" with a diplomacy rank being unacheivable or denied based on how many "rouge points" a player has. There is a certain evil mirror aspect a player could even enjoy with his/her alt by having so many "rouge poins" too
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Or those rouge points tally up against the separate functions. Lets say a player is helping the true way when he gets the change and once you reach a certain amount of rouge points the player gets the option to defect to that faction.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
Or those rouge points tally up against the separate functions. Lets say a player is helping the true way when he gets the change and once you reach a certain amount of rouge points the player gets the option to defect to that faction.
I kinda like this idea, build up a rogue and allow defection. Don't let them take the Starfleet ships though, that is opening up a nightmare of biblical proportions.