Lt. Commander
# 21
12-27-2010, 11:43 PM
while i admit going full fps with cs style combat speed would most likely not be the best decision for sto I don’t think that folks with limited motor skills being left out would factor much into it. Space combat is much more complex then an fps ever could be i’m talking even fiddlying with all the buttons and knobs on like crysis.

my engineer which is my most macro intensive toon still manages to need 17 different buttons not counting the wasd and mouse+plus its 5 buttons, and that's in combat not just dicking around in sector space. Even if you went full clicky with the mouse and opened up all 3 console rows you’d still need to wasd to maintain your firing arc and hammer the space bar.

overall I'm really hoping they not only add the quasi fps options but also find a way to automate a lot of the micro management of ground combat by smartening up the bo’s. even in space it would be nice if they made some of the really mundane stuff like redistribute shields automatic. You’d think after a while whoever’s face that button I keep mashing represents would figure out I don’t want my shields with holes in them and do it on their own.
Lt. Commander
# 22
12-27-2010, 11:49 PM
I like auto-aim, auto firing caused me tons of trouble until I learned to turn it off and every now and then it still just shoots like it has a mind of it's own. So dumb.