Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryptic, Help Me Out Here
12-28-2010, 05:00 AM
I can fully understand not being able to purchase a ship through the store (to have the ability to use it) unless you are currently playing a certain faction for which that ship is used for.

Example: Im currently Capt on KDF side, but I cannot purchase the Brel or any other high end T-5 ship till I reach Lt. Gen. Granted i cannot use them till I hit T-5, so why not allow me to purchase them ahead of time? It makes it less likely that when you have X% off sales that I would be able to get the ship at a discount.

Even when your not having a sale it would be nice to purchase the ability to have the ship for when I hit T-5. Since i can't use it till then anyway, whats the difference? Just like the Nebula, its unlocked for use, but i have to go to the ship yard to get it through the ship vendor as long as im the appropriate rank to do so.

So why restrict purchase of the ability to have it later?

Note: I probably already know the answer to this, yet Ive spent more on the C-Store items than I have for the game itself. So Im curious.........
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-28-2010, 07:09 AM
$o it won't affect the profit margin$
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-28-2010, 07:14 AM
Per StormShade the Cryptic folks are out of the office, on Christmas break, until Monday, January 3rd.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-29-2010, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Per StormShade the Cryptic folks are out of the office, on Christmas break, until Monday, January 3rd.
So they plan on having online transactions and automated billing, but don't have the business savy to check to make sure it is working properly? I want to buy more cryptic points, but I can't due to a server issue! They are missing out on a business transaction (at least one, possibly more) because they choose to take a two and a half week vacation!? How many businesses come in at least two or three days between Chirstmas and New Years if only to make sure things are running smoothly(or to make sure the pipes are not busted, or the power has not been disconnected)? EPIC FAIL!
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-29-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
So they plan on having online transactions and automated billing, but don't have the business savy to check to make sure it is working properly? I want to buy more cryptic points, but I can't due to a server issue! They are missing out on a business transaction (at least one, possibly more) because they choose to take a two and a half week vacation!? How many businesses come in at least two or three days between Chirstmas and New Years if only to make sure things are running smoothly(or to make sure the pipes are not busted, or the power has not been disconnected)? EPIC FAIL!
Since there has been scheduled maintenence (followed by a server crash after they were done, apparently) there are obviously people working. Dial back the nerd rage and realize that since you jumped to the wrong conclusion, your post was EPIC FAIL.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-29-2010, 09:34 AM
24 hours without a response, sounds like Cryptic customer service to me. Besides, customer service is anethema to Cryptic, it would cost them money to provide it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-29-2010, 09:37 AM
While I don't disagree with you that Cryptic's customer service isn't the best...

You do realize that the customer service people don't read the forums right?

Some of the Cryptic STO team does, but they're all out on Christmas vacation until January 3rd.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Since there has been scheduled maintenence (followed by a server crash after they were done, apparently) there are obviously people working. Dial back the nerd rage and realize that since you jumped to the wrong conclusion, your post was EPIC FAIL.
I think the EPIC fail here is once again on Cryptics end.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
I think the EPIC fail here is once again on Cryptics end.
Maybe, but stuff breaks from time to time. If you expect 100% uptime from any electronic device, computer, widget, etc - your expectations are unreasonable.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
While I don't disagree with you that Cryptic's customer service isn't the best...

You do realize that the customer service people don't read the forums right?

Some of the Cryptic STO team does, but they're all out on Christmas vacation until January 3rd.
My problem has been that they don't seem to read the emails I send when I have a problem either, not that I have had a lot of problems with the game.

I am actually almost convinced that the customer service email addy is piped straight to /dev/null.