Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
Please add this feature to the C-Store. I would pay money for this feature.

As my subject title says, I would pay a good deal of money to be able to change my race and sex without actually starting the game over from the beginning. I already have advanced a certain degree in the game and spent over 50 hours so far into the game. So I really don't want to start over. I know that I can respec. But what I want is to change my character race and sex.

There is no way for me to change my race without starting over is there?

Cryptic has made available to us all these new playable characters in the C-Store. Yet to choose any of them to play we have to start the game over. I really don't want to do that and I am willing to pay money to not have to start the game over from the beginning. Or as someone else said: Not having to raise a toon.

In the rush to play the game I simiply clicked NEXT, NEXT, NEXT without much thought. So now I'm using a Federation Character that I don't really like. I simply picked a female character because I figured if I am going to watch a character's rear end for 50 - 100 hours, I would rather look at a female behind.

Now I'm seeing all these cool playable characters available and I can't play any of them unless I am willing to start over. For example I would really like to play the Playable Federation Caitian.

I hope Cryptic sees this post and gives some thought to adding such a feature to the C-Store. Because until that happens I am stuck with my original poorly, non-thought out, choice.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-29-2010, 09:48 AM
This is an OLD request, one that's been made since the beta forums. Here are 4 previous threads asking for the same thing

March
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=2357086

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=141830

April
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=148885

July
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=166519
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
This is an OLD request
true i've seen it in atleast half a dozen threads, but it can't realy be that hard to program and it'd be another c-store source of income for cryptic so i don't see why it was'nt added months ago
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Same reason that the retrait token isn't in game I guess
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Yeah, this kind of option is what BELONGS in the CStore, not game altering gear/ships that are unachievable by ingame means. I am actually very suprised that they haven't bothered with this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethanatos View Post
Yeah, this kind of option is what BELONGS in the CStore, not game altering gear/ships that are unachievable by ingame means. I am actually very suprised that they haven't bothered with this.

I agree completely. Something like this would be a HUGE hit in the c-store. I know people in WoW who changed race on a regular basis.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-29-2010, 12:10 PM
I too would like to see this added. I've got an alien science officer I'd pay to switch over to an actual race...

An option to change your race could double also a retrait token for people who simply pick the same race again, though a separate option for them might be preferable. This as I suspect that in order to make a race change feature work properly with the least amount of hassle and complications, you'd have to wipe all existing costumes on the character in question, and replace their number one (active) costume with one of their racial defaults. (Until they visit a tailor, of course. A free costume token might be good to include.)
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-30-2010, 06:10 AM
Originally Posted by dstahl. Quote: "We are looking into multiple options for this. We may not allow "species" changes but we may allow players who have reached a certain level to start a new species character at a higher level.

Current plan is to tackle this in some manner as part of Season 3 after Season 2 ships."

Back in July dstahl said the above. Well, season 3 has come and gone. I wonder what ever happened to their plans?

I personally would like to change my character species without starting over at a lower level than my current level. As I said I would pay for it at the c-store and from the posts that I've read, many other people would too. However what he suggested above is still a little bit better than starting over from the very beginning level.

A response from Cryptic on whether they plan to address this in a future patch would be appreciated.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Now that the holidays are over, I'm hoping that Cryptic checks this thead and responds. I definately would like to try a different race without starting over from the beginning. I've got almost 100 hours now and there is no way I will start over from the beginning just to have a different character. But if I could purchase the option at the C-Store, I'm on it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-04-2011, 08:02 AM
I cant see how its anything but a win-win situation for cryptic to include this, if i had the chance to switch any of my chars races id be picking up new races from the c-store to go along with it