Lt. Commander
# 41
12-26-2010, 04:40 PM
I find a lot of things look good on paper but arnt that great when actually trying to implement them.
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
I find a lot of things look good on paper but arnt that great when actually trying to implement them.
money looks good on paper......
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
but how mnany of the 5 ships does it take to do this to one target?
In that example... most of them

But that's the operative word -- example. All that I was aiming to do was show how you can build a team that counters the common counter for a particular skill. If you put enough team effort into using, say, TBR, it can become very hard to counter. Even using only a few of those steps in conjunction with TBR makes it much more effective against another organized group. The trade off obviously is that your team becomes more reliant on that particular strategy. This is true in a general sense, not only for TBR.

In terms of team builds it's quite the balancing act. On one hand, if you spec into only one strategy you can do that one strategy very effectively but you lose that all important wiggle room. A team that has several BO layouts per person typically won't be able to spec into one set of BOs as much, but gains adaptability and variability in return.
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Does Aux to ID/Polarize Hull give immunity from the damage of TBR as well? Because if it doesn't, using TBR on a target that has one of those buffs running could be helpful as well. 1500+ unresisted damage directly to the hull? Yes please.
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-27-2010, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
but how mnany of the 5 ships does it take to do this to one target?
The number of ships can be very relevant to see if you can get a PuG to do it. That's probably the hard part here... But otherwise, requiring 5 ships to take 1 out of 5 ships down can still lead to a win. Coordinating 5 guys to kill one ship might be better then not coordinating 5 and not killing anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-27-2010, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The number of ships can be very relevant to see if you can get a PuG to do it. That's probably the hard part here... But otherwise, requiring 5 ships to take 1 out of 5 ships down can still lead to a win. Coordinating 5 guys to kill one ship might be better then not coordinating 5 and not killing anyone.
my point was being that while those 5 are on the one, ideally his teammates will then focus on one of you and focus on healing the one youre targeting.... its never good to have more then 1 ship target one (unless its to do quick focus and cycle) but that kind of interferance he was exampling is bad for more then 2 people.... etc etc,,,
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-29-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorFury View Post

increase the margin of error for the majority of players who are honestly mediocre at best.

Blackjack
A great man once said "the needs of the many blah blah blah"

I wonder what things would be like if we were still at Season 1.1 - hmm, maybe we could start a whole new "timeline" for this game. Speaking of which, it's just a game..........

Sincerely yours,

Medicore at best.