Lt. Commander
# 1 Gorn Advance hiddin mission?
12-30-2010, 12:16 AM
I remember a fellow posting up pics of a hidden mission in (I believe he said) the Gorn Advance map. There was supposedly a ship out in the distant area of the map he found, and he went aboard and ran some side mission there. Anyone have any clue what I am talking about?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I remember a fellow posting up pics of a hidden mission in (I believe he said) the Gorn Advance map. There was supposedly a ship out in the distant area of the map he found, and he went aboard and ran some side mission there. Anyone have any clue what I am talking about?
It is located in the Gorn fleet action. On the "left" side, as you face into the zone, there is an Akira (I think) that has been disabled and boarded. You enter the ship and fight them off.

It is not easy to see, but it is there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Ya... from warp in location, you head approx 10'oclock and pretty far out...
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-30-2010, 12:44 AM
is it High? low? By itself? Within the debris?
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-30-2010, 01:16 AM
Actually its the klingon fleet action called "Slowing the Expeditionary Force".
Quote:
In addition, there is an optional ground mission Distress Call given by Captain Matthews that is available by flying to the disabled ship (far west from the initial spawn point).
Source STO Wiki.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-30-2010, 01:51 AM
It's the FA in the Laurentian System against the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-30-2010, 01:57 AM
yep its the klingon one, on the left hand side of the screen just inside the edge of the line of asteroid.

you might need a couple of people as well as you get no bridge officers come with you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-30-2010, 02:25 AM
Found it and ran it. Thanks for the help, guys.

On a further note, it would seem this mission was nothing more than some sort of test mission, as the details of the map was unfinished. The consoles on some of the walls were blank on the bridge for starters. No XP, no Badges... The excitement of finding it was quickly replaced when the mission ended and I learned there was zero reward. Spent two hours just looking for the mission, lol. Now I feel like a bit of an idiot.

Could have warned me.

Anyway, thanks again guys, at least now I can say I've ran it, heh.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-30-2010, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Found it and ran it. Thanks for the help, guys.

On a further note, it would seem this mission was nothing more than some sort of test mission, as the details of the map was unfinished. The consoles on some of the walls were blank on the bridge for starters...
Wow. I just found the mission for the first time as well and ran through it... by myself! I was amused to discover that you can revive all eighteen fallen crew members without firing a single shot. Those bloodthirsty Klingon warriors will not attack you unless they are attacked first! You can charge headlong through whole squads of Swordmasters, whole packs of Targs, and they'll simply pretend you're not there!
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-30-2010, 09:32 AM
The mission must be glitched or something because when I first played it, it was great! None of the complaints about it being unfinished were there earlier. It probably was a test mission though that someone found accidentally.