Lt. Commander
# 31
12-30-2010, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikahn
Was just watching some videos on the new Bioware game coming out in and they were talking about the space system. They said ... it was ... going to be .... a RAIL SYSTEM!!! Omg, I had enough complaints about too much instancing in STO and how space didn't feel very open ... but a RAIL SHOOTER??? OMFG. Although it looks to be a very impressive game I don't know if I can handle this lol.
Two completely different games and neither will be competition to the other.

TOR:
95% of the game will be ground combat, with 5% space rail combat during the story lines.

STO:

66% Space Combat with 33% ground combat

The idea that I think Bioware is heading for is for a non-stop iconic action game that represents the movies, like the whole opening scene from Episode III looked like it was on rails.

At this point I want to play both STO and TOR, as they are offering too completely different games in two completely different universes.
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
I love JtL in SWG. It reminded me of Tie Fighter and X-Wing for the PC.
I never had the chance to play SWG, but Tie Fighter and X-Wing are still probably my favourite games of all time.

Quote:
Chances are they won't have many different maps for space flight and it'll feel a lot like STO's PvP portion in Space (same scenery all the time) but with less control.
Exactly. I can honestly tell I miss Freelancer and I hoped TOR would go in that direction regarding space combat. Dogfights in small vessels, hectic action...so much potential. This current eye-candy tunnelshooter will become a chore very quickly IMO. I can't wait to see "Where's our REAL space combat, Bioware?".. dare I say "Learn from Cryptic, at least they got their space game right" threads on their forums after launch
Lt. Commander
# 33
12-30-2010, 08:09 AM
I probably won't play TOR. While STO is the first mmo I got serious about, TOR is not an MMO and I don't have the money to shell out a monthly fee for a game.
Lt. Commander
# 34
12-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
I probably will try TOR but I don't like the graphics very much at all. They look kind blocky and to cartoonish. I really hope the game play is better than the graphics.

hmm http://www.swtor.com/media/screens/commando Doesnt look to bad to me.

I think with all the hype it's got there are going to be plenty of disappointed people. The same thing Warhammer and *** shortly after they launched.

You really belive this ? I talked to a player that is in the closed beta testing, and he says on the hidden part of the TOR forum for game testers, everyone who is in the testing since this summer is like OMG best game ever, awesome blabla.I chose to belive what all those people think about the game and all those gaming magazines who say the game is fun immersive and have great gameplay etc, I think something like 95% of the reviews in the linke here are very positive when it comes to TOR.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=238590

To many have built this up to be the greatest MMO of all time so I think there forums will look like ours and the other two games. After the first month. First off it is the greatest MMO ever made, thats a fact. Second do you really think they will have a policy against i quit threads like they have on these forums Will see.
I mean if someone want to play STO or TOR or both go for it. I have a lifetime in STO but i'm gonna play TOR if its the last thing i do thats for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyyy View Post
I mean if someone want to play STO or TOR or both go for it. I have a lifetime in STO but i'm gonna play TOR if its the last thing i do thats for sure.
Just stay away from the writing George. :p
Lt. Commander
# 36
12-30-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP3CTREnyc
TOR is not an MMO
Really http://www.swtor.com/info/faq#347
Lt. Commander
# 37
12-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
Just stay away from the writing George. :p
Haha i think he is a good writer.

Quote:
Lucas wrote the story and served as producer for the first Indiana Jones movie, entitled Raiders of the Lost Ark. His story again pleased both critics and audiences.
http://www.notablebiographies.com/Lo...as-George.html

And he have done more writing then this you know

Imagine GL and our own STAR TREK GR making a moviw together when GR was alive
Wonder what that would have been like
Lt. Commander
# 38
12-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Actually an on rails Star Trek battle could be really cool.

I mean just think about it. What if you're flying a little miranda or Defiant and you're stuck in the middle of a huge battle. They could make space battles bigger and more intricate if they did one that was on rails. They could even develop a system where you fight first and then you go on rails by choosing a certain attack maneuver.

The camera would then come up to right behind your ship and you could fire phasers or photons at passing ships.
Lt. Commander
# 39
12-30-2010, 09:37 AM
Why are we talking about this other game with its mages and laser swords?

Especially when there are so many better topics to discuss. Take for instance Star Trek Online, and how much more Q it needs.

I mean really, I think I'd like to talk about me for a just a little bit here...
Closed Thread