Lt. Commander
# 61
12-31-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeet View Post
I have a nagging suspicion that STO is fizzling out in terms of active subscribers and game selling rates. Despite the efforts of season updates and The Foundry and the lowering of retail prices and the possible eventually F2P model...it appears STO is heading for the day when the servers close down. And this could be happening in a matter of a few months.

I don't mean to be a debbie downer. I would more than love there to be a Season 4 and 5 and 6 and 7 and 8 and 9 if not more. But I see these boards pretty quiet, devs making less and less comments, and STO not being given any major media interviews.

I fear STO's days a rapidly being lessened.

Please someone tell me I am wrong with a reason to believe so.
Every game launched is headed towards its eventual closing of servers. For some it's already happened. For years, people have said almost weekly that the EQ servers will all be shut down Soon™. Yes it will happen, but not anytime soon.
Lt. Commander
# 62 support for OP
12-31-2010, 03:14 PM
I agree, seems like denial and scapegoating of OP to me. Responses to this OP seem predetermined by what we wish for rather than based on facts or observation. I have seen very few facts on subscribers and the financial health of the game over the last ten months I have played. I imagine the game will go on for a while, but is seems to be losing its compelling qualities, at least to me.

Some say that during the holidays, that less posting is to be expected. To me, the holidays should allow players to play more and post more than usual.

So what if the development team is on holiday! They could have communicated something, suggested something about near term updates, or at least put something on the calendar after December.

The calendar is not updated. The weeklies have been many a long week ago with no scheduled updates. When announced they said weekly, not every so often weekly. Just saying... There are lots of promises but to me they seem to over promise and under-deliver.

I like the game, but once you get really proficient at it, there is nothing left to do. Mindless grinding in Btran? Emblems for items that don't make much difference?

PVP is all that is really left to explore at endgame, and it is not much fun despite a strong group of supporter's suggestions, and gets no attention by the development team. There is a lot of potential there, but balance controversies, and limited terrain/venue options make it limited.

Flame me as you will. I am still here, it is inexpensive to stay on a while. I am playing very little these days and exploring other games. I really wish the game could expand in ways to continue being fun for newbies, and being challenging for endgamers.

Live long and prosper!
Lt. Commander
# 63
12-31-2010, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeet View Post
Please someone tell me I am wrong with a reason to believe so.
You're wrong. STO is doing fine, and next year is going to be awesome!
Closed Thread