Lt. Commander
# 11
12-31-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm not a big fan of it either, and personally I wish the Devs would make a policy of never even reading threads that have their names in the title. That said, this particular thread is FULL of irony
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-31-2010, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'm not a big fan of it either, and personally I wish the Devs would make a policy of never even reading threads that have their names in the title. That said, this particular thread is FULL of irony
They could just make their names not usable in the title of threads.
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-31-2010, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbu_STO
people who make forum posts addressed to 'dstahl' are my pet peeve -- what distinguishes your post from every other opinion, just because you think 'dstahl' should pay attention to you?

I don't really like it when people do that either, although I'm sure it increases the chance that he will read the post when he skim's forum subject titles.
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-31-2010, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Solok
although I'm sure it increases the chance that he will read the post when he skim's forum subject titles.
Or it decreases them. I know that some professional forum mods deliberately ignore such titles in favor of other threads as to not encourage this type of behavior further.

No idea how dstahl thinks about this, though.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-31-2010, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Or it decreases them. I know that some professional forum mods deliberately ignore such titles in favor of other threads as to not encourage this type of behavior further.

No idea how dstahl thinks about this, though.
Ive noticed he does in fact post in threads with his name in the title, unfortunately.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-31-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Ive noticed he does in fact post in threads with his name in the title, unfortunately.
Darn.
Oh well, nobody's perfect.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-31-2010, 10:38 AM
While I'm not a fan of the practice, why not let it slide?
Is it strangely informal or self-aggrandizing? Maybe.

However, they're as entitled as anyone else in the forums to post and even addressing something to dstahl doesn't necessarily mean their request is bad, per se.

Let's let bygones be bygones: no name calling, just judging the content and point of a post - not the way it is expressed.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Let's let bygones be bygones: no name calling, just judging the content and point of a post - not the way it is expressed.
Yeah, because anyone who feels self-important enough to address their whine-rant to the boss is going to provide us with plenty of comedy gold.

Like:
C-Store is Evil!
C-Store double dip
Maintence schedule = denial of services paid for by Australian subscribers
repetitive list of things they DEMAND be in the game. NOW.
variations of "This IS NOT Star Trek!"
general "Dooooooooom!" rants
F2P tangents
I Quit threads

I'm sure I'm missing some really good ones....
Closed Thread