Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
12-31-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory275 View Post
Anyway, in the spirit of the holidays; Happy New Year.
I really don't wish to take this very much further. You seem to say no disrespect over and over again, yet you are happy to disrespect my thoughts and feelings on the matter, claiming it is me that needs to do research and juvenile this and that, when it is quite clear you have read one story and gone completely with that. I have read so much over the years to continue to question so much, and isn't that the point, to question why and what lead us to this point, and while i do try and show some respect, its very difficult to maintain as this respect has now been very much tainted.
Don't attempt to feel sorry for me in light of my views. I simply don't agree with yours, yet i'm not going into a playground mentality of these little jibes you mention and quickly refute of the fact you did. To say my view is skewed and biased is just as skewed and biased itself. It seems only when i retract or completely agree with everything you say, will it seem like i have done my research. I am not as one sided as you think i appear to be, and that tunnelistic view you seem to hold, just like you believe i do, is not a good way to see clearly.
What innocents have we killed? I find that very close minded. The Reuters journalists taken out by the Call of Duty sounding Apache pilots is just one of so many, but if you choose not to view or note these things have or didn't happen, please don't tell me to do some research. The way that was carried out and the things that were said were deplorable, and the fact you said i labelled the troops as murderers, was simply your conclusion to what i typed, and not what i did type. I didn't obviously take things to a new level so please don't go in that direction, as arguments will rise above discussion.
I really don't like war, and find the very need that these conflicts continue in spite of our intelligence as a race to be very disgusting indeed. You support taking the idea of Democracy overseas and yet it is implemented it in a way where there is no discussion or reason for discussion. What is democratic about that? I want the world to live like a world, where it doesn't matter where you came from or what you are, in terms of class, race, or religion. But surely there are better ways to go about it than submissive tactics and a show of brute force all the time.

And Happy New Year to you too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
12-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBushman
This game has been labeled an MMORPG.... yet the group aspects of this game are obviously lacking. In my opinion this game has two aspects, Ground and Space. So by pooling the skillpoints together for these two very OPOSITE aspects, that creates gameplay imbalance. as stated before many people will spec fully into Space due to PvP. Leaving ground neglected, so fleets such as CHC can go through and wipe groups on ground.... again imbalanced, then if someone does spec ground then they are missing out points in space which means they have the disadvantage in space battles. I propose a simple fix.... Get rid of the stupid respec charge completely! It is an assanine idea in the first place! and anyone who says that cryptic has this for any OTHER reason than to make money has no Idea what they are talking about. I will point this out via two examples.

Example one: (this applies to me) In order to be the best of the best in PvP you need to spend your skills wisely and fit your ship out the best you can... in order to do this you have to neglect the ground spec and vice versa for Ground PvP. NOT TO MENTION, skills seem to get nerfed or buffed quite often and with this being so any COMPETETOR in PvP will switch their build... so a nerf of the skills makes for a change in those builds affected... and most people in PvP will not PvE because of one reason, It's Boring and repetative (my own and others opinion) so they have no way OTHER than PvP of gaing those points. and that is a slow process. So what do they do????? they go to the C-Store mmmmm double dipping at its ugliest.

Example two:In order to respec you have to grind for days, and that is just one respec.... This leads to staying in the game longer, which again gives cryptic more money. The entire thought process behind respec costs is for Cryptic to get more money! I hear alot of people saying that it is not but give me an example of how it isn't! (a good one)

The solution is simple... Get rid of the respec cost.... That way anyone can spec any way they want which will INCREASE teamwork.... Now its all about the "me" I need to spec to best fit my needs when in all reality it should be, "I need to spec the best way to help my team." The respec notion is assanine in the way that it splits the dang game in half... those that spec ground play ground avoiding space, those that spec space do the opposite. UNLOCK ALL THE GAME PLAY AND MAKE IT FREE TO RESPEC!!!! QUIT DOUBLE DIPPING CRYPTIC! Imagine being able to get a group together, discuss what is needed to complete a mission, then spec to fit that need.... Guild Wars did it right... if you unlocked the skill on that char you can use it as you wish. You could change your spec at any time (when you were in a town, ex space dock) to help your TEAM!

It just cracks me up that there is no teamwork needed until the last levels with the STF's then they (cryptic) decide that those STF's will be 75% ground when the entire game up to that point has been around 75% SPACE! Its simple... get rid of the respec cost ---> promote teamplay.... will it happen, no.... why.... because it is obvious up to this point, that cryptic has made this game to make a quick buck before it goes Free To Play... just like champions. O B V I O U S!!!!
So what are you saying, that groups like CHC can onlty do what they do because of this imbalance?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
12-31-2010, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
So what are you saying, that groups like CHC can onlty do what they do because of this imbalance?
That. And the cheating. hahahahaha...just kiddin.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
01-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrus Pars
So what are you saying, that groups like CHC can onlty do what they do because of this imbalance?
LoL I love how... out of my entire post... you pull out the one thing that was an extreme example.... The answer is no.... I honestly don't ground PvP so I dont think that speccing a certain way makes a person equal with everyone else in the game. lets face it... some people are just better than others... it will always be that way... but do I think it will help... you bet your cheating behind i do... (stab stab) lol HAX
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
01-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
I certainly respect your feelings on the issue. But I would argue that the ability to respec both from tokens and buying them already makes your choices meaningless, because you can just change them..
How does it make them meaning less ? When you have a cap as we do in this game choices mean everything, how is that meaningless ?

Of course you have to have the ability to respec, if you didn't and they changed a power or reduced its effect in game and you had skill points in it, wouldn't you want to move them to boost a power you would use instead ? That said doing it your way choices would soon become meaningless because you could skill into everything and that right there changes the game completely.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphicZoid
I The only thing that allowing you to continue to progress would potentially change, would be spending money on more respecs, no? I still have all but one of my original tokens and doubt I'll ever have need to use another .
I disagree, it changes the fact that you no longer need to make choices as to where you want to spend your points. You are in effect making choices obsolete. Decisions by a captain are important, I am sorry I just do not understand your logic here.

Now as to the "price" that is needed to respec, here I would agree that the cost is EXCESSIVE....
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:09 PM.