Lt. Commander
I am really getting to the end of my tether here.

Every time I try and complete Starbase 24 (beamed down to the starbase to take out the klingons) the game crashes. Every time. Then it deems it appropriate to try and upload a dump file over 110 megs in size!! On my tiny upload that would take a month of sundays. How is that an appropriate file size to upload??

And also, for some reason, most times I try and login after a crash, it tells me I need to download a patch. It sits there saying 13.5MB / 70MB patched but downloads about 215mb (i think).

As it stands I am currently sitting here waiting for this patch to re-download for the umpteenth time (is this just not patching properly or what?) and assume i've just abandoned my team in the midst of battle. Well done on such a reliable game :/

Is this normal?

I'm running windows 7 64bit with all drivers updated.

This is REALLY starting to grate, sorry if this seems like a rant but this is ruining what is otherwise a really good game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-01-2011, 07:32 AM
I've been having similar issues.

Firstly, the 70MB patch issue was happening to me constantly until the latest patch on the 22nd December. It then stopped doing it for some reason, so maybe next time they release a small patch it'll fix this issue for you.

As for the crashing... It's in different places but I'm having a similar issue.

My first example was after I created a Klingon character and tried to beam off Qo'nos into orbit around it. Every single time I tried the game crashed, and the one time I tried to send an error reoprt it was telling me it planned to upload 8GB! I have to assume that this was a mathematical error, but still insane. I gave up with that character and just deleted it.

Now I appear to be having it with my main. I can log in fine, but whenever I try to enter a Deep Space Encounter in Iota Pavonis the game crashes with some sort of error (I can't copy/paste it) and tells me verifying the game files may fix it. It doesn't.

For those who make note of such things, I have an ATI 4870 card, Dynamic Lighting is turned off, and so is Post-Processing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Just gone and turned off the lighting & post processing - crashes are less frequent now but it's still a pretty poor bug :/
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-01-2011, 07:56 AM
most of the time after a crash it says patching it is really just checking your files if you hit cancel then start again it should be ok
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Yes I was not including that in the post as you can just click cancel. I do have to keep sitting through a >200mb patch download on most logins, though :/

Shame about those graphical glitches causing crashes, if they don't work surely they should just remove the option from the game or fix them ?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-02-2011, 12:18 AM
I just recently reactivated my account and downloaded 2 gigs of updates. The first time I tried to launch it crashed. Why is the stability getting worse not better?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-05-2011, 01:29 PM
If you have an ATI video card, try disabling dynamic lighting OR lowering the max number of global lights to 2.

For thos with patching issues, make sure you are running the launcher as administrator if on Windows 7. Try a /forceverify to see if that resolve the constant patch downloads. If neither of those work, you may want to try a complete uninstall and re-install as something may be corrupted and the patcher is just not fixing it.
Ensign
# 8 constant patching in game
11-29-2012, 05:41 PM
everytime I move a zone I get stuck on a screen saying patching 3 of 5 files everytime why is this ive never seen this in a game before?
I downloaed the game and installed launcher patch.

Last edited by hurdan; 11-29-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Lieutenant
I running a i5 computer and I still having problems with internal patch system this is happening a lot in the sandboxes during Klingon We need breathing room missions. Everytime I beam to a planet the patcher freezes and boots me. I had to log in 20 times today at least and hard close the game because the patcher idles me for 800 sec. Now at least I get a dynamic patch fail or a 208 code hard boot.

They really need to deal with issue since the sandbox is one of the key ways to get 1440 dilith just by scaning 5 flowers or beating 8 random ships or collecting data tiles. The lack of klink content makes them vital for getting gear except everytime you get booted.

Even right now at 10:43pm central time I trying to enter the Kalass Expanse to farm 480 dilith for my new toon and its frozen right now at 40% and it say server disconnect and the timer is running its at 530 sec and it still locked up this is not a issue at my end your internal patcher is fubar right now.

Thanks

Last edited by z69evermoon; 11-29-2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: extra info
Commander
# 10
11-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdan View Post
everytime I move a zone I get stuck on a screen saying patching 3 of 5 files everytime why is this ive never seen this in a game before?
I downloaed the game and installed launcher patch.
You have on-demand patching enabled. That's why you're seeing that.

OD patching is basically "start the game, let me play, and patch as you need to" (entering new zone, etc.)...as opposed to "wtf, I have to sit through a 4GB patch?"
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting