Lt. Commander
# 51
12-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschinengeist View Post
I used to work on cars that cost more money than we'll ever see in a lifetime.
Rolls, Bentley or something way more exotic?
Lt. Commander
# 52
12-29-2010, 01:05 PM
It was the local Ferrari dealer. We only got to work on one car a week or so; I ended up leaving purely out of boredom, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 53
12-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maschinengeist View Post
It was the local Ferrari dealer. We only got to work on one car a week or so; I ended up leaving purely out of boredom, lol.
I am so jealous. Ferrari's are excellent machines to play with, was it an Enzo Ferrari?
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-29-2010, 02:32 PM
This was a long time before the Enzo was produced; I can't remember exactly what year this was, off the top of my head, but the F50's production run had just ended a year or two prior. The F355, 550, and 456M GT were in production at the time.
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Hey Tiyshen I'd like to know what he said, thanks bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staalker View Post
I'll be honest. That price is sick. We all have to pay to play this game. It's not like we are playing for free and they are using the C-Store to fund the game. We all pay to play (or did once with a lifetime and as long as we have to pay to play we shouldn't be forced to spend the cost of a new game to just get new content.

I think Cryptic is a little confused on the difference between pay to play and free to play.

I am all for selling a few bonus things or quality of life items in the store, like Character slots or name changes.

But when you keep putting the new content items in the store....I wonder why we are paying a sub.

Everything that is in the store, except things like name changes and character slots, should be gainable in game. If from accolades, tokens, time played...whatever. We shouldn't be expected to pay for content we are already paying for in our subs. We shouldn't even be asked.

I don't want to see the game fail, but we have to draw the line somewhere.

I hear the ship is a menace, and if what I have heard/seen is accurate then people are actually paying 20 bucks for an in-game advantage. That, to me, is a big no-no. Cosmetics or things that don't give anyone an upperhand are fine. But how well you can do in-game should never be defined by how much you can spend. Even if I can afford to buy advantages, it ruins the game to make it so.
THIS! OMG THIS! I have always felt that the micro-transacting would not be successful in the American market because we don't want to have elite items only on the c-store, it creates a pay to win feeling that I despise as do others I'm sure. However it doesn't even feel like pay to win for most c-store ships because they mostly fail to measure up with the only exception being the Excelsior. So instead of pay to win which players dislike for its discrimination against the poor people who can't afford cryptic points, we get this pay to fail stuff? Seriously Cryptic WTF Mate?
Lt. Commander
# 56
12-31-2010, 11:53 PM
Was looking forward to this ship, Havnt been on in a few weeks got kind of bored so was waiting
for this ship to drop to check it out but now since ive logged on and found out that it is only C-store
available thats it for me Ive cancelled my sub and will be moving on to something else so all my
friends out there it was a blast and I will miss you, Hope the best for all of you and good hunting.
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazKid
Hey Tiyshen I'd like to know what he said, thanks bro!
you might want to remove that line!
you could end up getting 10 Infraction Points that never expire and a week ban from the forums, for "discussing disciplinary actions in public"... blah blah blah.

on topic:
This is exactly the kind of slap in the face i hoped we had evolved away from...

Cryptic you can keep your Polygons, i will keep my money.

'nuf said.

...i allready got my +10 infractions from speaking my mind.