Lt. Commander
I've been using a couple of the Borg set items for about a week now.

And there's one thing that could be improved upon.

The Devs gave us the ability to disable the visuals in case we don't want the items to interfere with the "look of our ship".
And I applaud them for doing so.
But it needs to be taken a little further.

Everytime I move the components to another ship, the Disable Visuals function goes away.

Given that I never want to see the set items, I would prefer it if it was a character wide setting to "disable" the visibility of the set items.

That way, when I move it to another ship, it's not visible.

Basically, just a flag in settings somewhere that says:

Set Item Visuals: Disable/Enable
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-30-2010, 12:15 AM
What if you like the visuals for the Aegis set, but not the Borg? What about any future items that change appearence? I could see this working if each slot remembered its setting, but an account wide, all slots setting is too constricting.
Lt. Commander
Okay, how about this variation?

You have a little area of the menu dedicated to set items.

It has a list that looks like this:

Set Item Visibility Enabled/Disabled
If enabled is selected, the rest of the menu lights up with these options:

Console - Universal - Assimilated Module
Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines
Assimialted Graviton Deflector Array
Assimilated Regenerative Shield Array

Aegis Graviton Deflector Array
Aegis Hyper-Impulse Engines
Aegis Covariant Shield Array

Each one of these set items would have an Enabled/Disabled option next to it, so you could select the ones you want to see and the ones you don't.

That way, when you shuffle whatever item it is around your ships, it always stays non-visible.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
I've been using a couple of the Borg set items for about a week now.

And there's one thing that could be improved upon.

The Devs gave us the ability to disable the visuals in case we don't want the items to interfere with the "look of our ship".
And I applaud them for doing so.
But it needs to be taken a little further.

Everytime I move the components to another ship, the Disable Visuals function goes away.

Given that I never want to see the set items, I would prefer it if it was a character wide setting to "disable" the visibility of the set items.

That way, when I move it to another ship, it's not visible.

Basically, just a flag in settings somewhere that says:

Set Item Visuals: Disable/Enable
I am not trying to offend you here but think about it, isn't it just being a little bit lazy, you have to move the pieces anyway when you change ships so when you move them then right click and turn it off if you desire....Its not like they did not give you a option to turn them off.

Sorry, I think the devs time can be spent on something a little more meaningful than this, this to me on a STO wish list would be at the bottom of the list.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-01-2011, 10:12 AM
I didn't realize that right click, hide was so difficult to do :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Given the amount of swapping I do, it's not really a waste of time.

Bottom line is, it's around 4 times I have to disable the visuals, once when I move them to another ship and again when I put them back on the ship I was using priorly.

And that will increase when I start rapidly swapping between several ships as I play around with each of them.

Given that I never want to see them, I'd rather the game just automated the procedure for me.

Also, I'm concerned about another option that's really really close to Disable Visuals.
If you look below immediately below it in the list, there's Discard.
If I'm in too much of a hurry, 1 guess what will happen?
I don't really want the hassle of replacing the lost component because I hit the wrong thing while trying to disable the visual effect.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-01-2011, 01:26 PM
There's a confirmation window for discarding anything. Especially if it's uncommon or higher.

If you accidentally click Discard, and accidentally confirm... maybe you should pay more attention to what you're doing?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I know, it's incredibly unlikely that I would lose the item.

But I don't really trust the game engine with dialogs, sometimes they break down.

I'd just prefer not to take the risk.