Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon viable as a main?
01-01-2011, 09:16 PM
So, STO was 7 bucks on Steam, so I figured what the hell, I'll give it a try despite the bad reviews. Log in for the first time, "Wow, this is really fun, how did it get such a bad rep. Oh great Lt 6, klingons?! I love klingons, lemme give this a try. Oh, no wonder it has such a bad rep."

Is my dismay misplaced here? From the reading I've done on this forum as well as others, its very obvious there is a lack of klingon pve content, ok great. Is that going to be fixed? I usually play the 'bad guys' or protagonists in MMOs that I play, and I've always been a big fan of klingons in the star trek universe so it was a natural path for me, but upon making the character and getting to lt 9, I've suddenly run out of missions to do, unless I just want to grind out Pi Canis a bunch of times, which I don't mind if there was some sort of carrot. Do people actually play Klingon's as their 'main character'?

My very limited view point thus far is that I hardly ever see another KDF player, and when I do, they aren't very high ranked? Is this mainly an 'alt' faction? If I were to go about attempting to play this faction as my main playstyle, is that even viable, or am I suddenly going to run out of stuff to do aside from pvp once I hit a certain level?