Lt. Commander
# 11
01-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Map reuse should be supported, I agree. However, I think it's a massive change to the way their game-scripting and instancing engine works.
They kind of do it in Night of the Comet. You blast everyone in the bar, then you go talk to Scotty on the same map and when you walk with him back to the bar, everyone has changed positions and is prepared for the next part of the mission (the drink stuff) which is all on the same map being reused again.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-02-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm thinking of creating a User Palette of maps, costumes and objects for the individual authors.. You put them in your palette for easy quick access across your whole foundry editor setup for use between different missions.

It should be relatively simple to implement and would streamline story arc creation. I can't believe no one on the "other side" did not think of this before in the original concept of an editor/creation system.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-02-2011, 01:18 PM
In thier defense a bit...they severly limited the foundry on test because they
had no idea if it would work well....or be a mess.

It works...bugs, yes
but overall works.

Time to loosen up on the restrictions.

More maps...even 6 more would be a great help
Copy function on maps, costumes ect..
Full customization on custumes
wander waypoints
destructable objects
player ship interiors
full use of public maps <sector space only>
Inport/export of text files used in story for ease of spelling/grammer check via 3rd party program
customizable interior map creation

and later cut scenes

Foundry works - time to let it show its true power

Meow
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
...everyone has changed positions and is prepared for the next part of the mission (the drink stuff) which is all on the same map being reused again.
I don't think that's map re-use so much as it is using scripted triggers and state transformations that we still do not have access to in the Foundry. It'd be map re-use if there was a map-transfer between the fighting and the craft-a-drink parts of the mission, but I don't remember such a map-transfer, do you?