Lt. Commander
One of the most frequent things we see in any series and movie, is a starship being piloted into a standard or other type of orbit of a planet, moon, space station, starbase, etc. The one thing I would like to see in STO, which it currently lacks, is the ability to target ESD or planets, stations, like DS9, etc. and enter an automatically piloted orbit.

I would be greatful if you would make this feature happen!

Sign below if you too would like to see this happen!
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-31-2010, 10:03 AM
And the purpose of this feature in STO wold e what? It would, at best, be a frivolous addition that would serve no ludemic function.

Just a heads up, you would dock with ESD or match its geosynchronous orbit at earth not orbit EDS.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-31-2010, 11:11 AM
Slow to impulse happens at zone in, you actually see it every time. And Ayenn is right about stations.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-31-2010, 12:08 PM
He simply means he doesn't want to fly into something and press F. He wants more immersion in the form of coming into orbit around an object. I suspect its not high on the priority lists but it will likely happen eventually, after all, this isn't the first time I've heard this discussed and/or suggested.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-31-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
He simply means he doesn't want to fly into something and press F. He wants more immersion in the form of coming into orbit around an object. I suspect its not high on the priority lists but it will likely happen eventually, after all, this isn't the first time I've heard this discussed and/or suggested.
Actually if you read it he DOES want to push f. "target and automatically orbit."

A lot of folks would like a docking sequence of some kind, I wouldn't mind one either.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Will this remove the need to fly all over the place, climb and descend at sharp angles to collect anomalies? Because other than that, I just full impulse to where ever I am wanting to go.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-31-2010, 01:54 PM
The second you are in range to orbit you can beam down.

WHAT IS THE USE OF THIS CONSTANTLY ASKED FOR FEATURE OTHER THEN TO LET YOU SAY SOMETHING IN YOUR BEST KIRK VOICE.

Ah, good to get that off my chest.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-01-2011, 02:35 PM
There are a lot of things that serve no extra purpose in the game except to add extra immersion and the feeling of Trek.

I would love a docking sequence. I would love my ship to move into orbit around a planet instead of slamming into it. That way I could remain blissfully unaware that the planet is actually only a few times larger than my ship.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightops25 View Post
Will this remove the need to fly all over the place, climb and descend at sharp angles to collect anomalies? Because other than that, I just full impulse to where ever I am wanting to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
The second you are in range to orbit you can beam down.

WHAT IS THE USE OF THIS CONSTANTLY ASKED FOR FEATURE OTHER THEN TO LET YOU SAY SOMETHING IN YOUR BEST KIRK VOICE.

Ah, good to get that off my chest.
That's pretty much it. We won't see this because it serves absolutely no purpose other than frivolousness. Sure It would make the RP kids happy but mot much more.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-02-2011, 01:02 PM
honestly I have wanted this for a while, just never bothered to mention it. I am lazy and I have a bridge crew, would be nice to make them do something useful for once instead of me taking the helm all the time:p