Lt. Commander
# 1 back in the saddle
01-02-2011, 07:09 PM
I started playing STO back in beta but in April or May of last year i deleted the game from my system. Whether it was Cryptics marketing tactics or gameplay issues I can't say really what was the main contributing factor for my dissapointment.

Now in the new year i find myself downloading the client as i write this and wish to take a second look. Seeing as the STO community has always been a very vocal and active one i thought i would start here and ask what in your oppinions are the biggest improvements in say the last 6 months?

I am a bit taken back in seeing that after paying for the client + having a monthly sub fee that the c-store appears to still play a major roll in getting upgrades. Is the C-store just fluff -n- stuff? or a money pit to maintain a viable character. I want to be one of the cool kids lol but i don't want to sacrifice my firstborn or half my paycheck just to do so.

Either positive or negitive i appreciate any feedback and since ive forgotten almost everything in the game i am looking forward to at least 30-60 hours of fresh gameplay. see you all as soon as the client is finished updating
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Orcutt
I started playing STO back in beta but in April or May of last year i deleted the game from my system. Whether it was Cryptics marketing tactics or gameplay issues I can't say really what was the main contributing factor for my dissapointment.

Now in the new year i find myself downloading the client as i write this and wish to take a second look. Seeing as the STO community has always been a very vocal and active one i thought i would start here and ask what in your oppinions are the biggest improvements in say the last 6 months?

I am a bit taken back in seeing that after paying for the client + having a monthly sub fee that the c-store appears to still play a major roll in getting upgrades. Is the C-store just fluff -n- stuff? or a money pit to maintain a viable character. I want to be one of the cool kids lol but i don't want to sacrifice my firstborn or half my paycheck just to do so.

Either positive or negitive i appreciate any feedback and since ive forgotten almost everything in the game i am looking forward to at least 30-60 hours of fresh gameplay. see you all as soon as the client is finished updating
C-Store is an optional way to get high-tier ships. The other way is to grind it or get to Vice Admiral (new level cap) and get a free VA ship pass.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-02-2011, 08:41 PM
For me, the biggest improvements had the be the complete revamp of the crafting system and the introduction of the Breen/Dividian episodes.

And as said before, the C-Store is mostly for fluff pieces. Sure, there are some good items that you can get from there, but nothing that would be a game-breaker without.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Very cool thx for the info ,I was unaware that there were in-game means to get some c-store items. its good to know. Time i have more of then money i'm willing to part with and if i can achieve this through game play all the better. update is almost finished and im pretty pumped to get started. not sure if i should delete one of my old characters and start from scratch (have to relearn everything after all) or take one of my existing admirals into action.