Lt. Commander
# 11
01-03-2011, 12:59 PM
I should think that with th new Assassins Creed game, Assassins Creed will begin to outsell the Tom Clancy games. Also, Bungie agreed to partner with Ensemble to make Halo Wars, and you apparently haven;t realized that the two biggest names in Sci-Fi MMOs are in that list- CCP with EVE, and Cryptic with the current game.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan844
I should think that with th new Assassins Creed game, Assassins Creed will begin to outsell the Tom Clancy games. Also, Bungie agreed to partner with Ensemble to make Halo Wars, and you apparently haven;t realized that the two biggest names in Sci-Fi MMOs are in that list- CCP with EVE, and Cryptic with the current game.
CCP, like Rockstar is Geographyed out... and Cryptic... fine individuals...

Halo Wars is not considered a success by the way....

The biggest problem with your dream team is to many cooks in the kitchen.

TO many dev teams is bad.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-03-2011, 01:03 PM
How is CCP geographed out? Or rockstar for that manner?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan844
How is CCP geographed out? Or rockstar for that manner?
Denmark... CCP....

Rockstar is Toronto, Austin and San Diego... great if you want to work with Bioware, bad for just about anything else. Most game companies center around Seattle and Vancouver... and Ubisoft, and Bungie are no exception...
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoSD
Denmark... CCP....

Rockstar is Toronto, Austin and San Diego... great if you want to work with Bioware, bad for just about anything else. Most game companies center around Seattle and Vancouver... and Ubisoft, and Bungie are no exception...
Bioware is in Edmonton, which is on the other side of the country from Toronto. It's much much closer to Seattle and Vancouver.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-03-2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Impossible. You can't have unique aliens in Star Trek. Just ones with different foreheads and slightly different proportions.
Have you seen Star Trek before? All aliens are humanoids with different foreheads and ears. Anything more exotic than that is blasphemy.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCadt07 View Post
Have you seen Star Trek before? All aliens are humanoids with different foreheads and ears. Anything more exotic than that is blasphemy.
Well except for the horta, the crystaline entity, those intelligent microbes, that space pitcher plant from voyager.

That's just off the top of my head.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertwin View Post
Bioware is in Edmonton, which is on the other side of the country from Toronto. It's much much closer to Seattle and Vancouver.
Did I say Bioware was in Toronto? Nope.

BTW, Bioware is split between Austin and Edmonton, with TOR and ME handled in Austin, DA in Edmonton.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoSD
Did I say Bioware was in Toronto? Nope.

BTW, Bioware is split between Austin and Edmonton, with TOR and ME handled in Austin, DA in Edmonton.
I wasn't aware of Bioware's Austin branch. Since Austin, San Diego, and Toronto were all on opposite sides of the continent from Edmonton, saying Rockstar had easy access to Bioware based on location didn't make sense.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertwin View Post
Well except for the horta, the crystaline entity, those intelligent microbes, that space pitcher plant from voyager.
That's just off the top of my head.
I think the point was that Trek showed us over 9000 different races over the years (coining the term "alien of the week") which - with some very few exceptions like those you pointed out - all happened to look just like Humans with very minor differences such as pointy ears or a ridged nose.

Heck, they've even gone as far as to give us a canon explanation why so many races look alike and are capable of interbreeding. We all know the real reason were budget issues and artistic lazyness though.