Lt. Commander
# 101
12-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keigetsu
I hope that wil not happen hear, it should be disabled and let people decide how long they want to stay logged in.
To what end? So Sol can be full of spam messages for sales and recruitment? So 'players' can set idle and soak exp? Maybe completely dissolve into SWG and we can have fleets of silent ships macro grinding levels and auto looting? That's a future I want to be a part of, PCs playing MMOs for players that don't have enough interest in the game to play it. If you want a game that plays itself SWG is still up, you can macro to your hearts content. Cities full of barkers and fields full a loot bots.
Lt. Commander
# 102
12-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Alright gang.

We've already stated that this isn't something we're interested in changing. There's a myriad of reasons for this as well, and some of the major ones have already been brought up.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread down now.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 103 Character Log Out
01-02-2011, 10:52 AM
One of my biggest pet peeves and annoyances with the game has been that when you log out, you have to re-authenticate to get into the character selection screen... Every MMO I've played (and there have been a lot), you do not have to re-authenticate when you log out of your character.

My suggestion is that you remove having to re-authenticate after character log out... Unless there is some practical reason why you have to authenticate every time you log out on a character and log into another?

Re-authentication should only have to happen when you completely close the game and re-open the program.

I apologize if this has been an issue in another thread, I just feel it's something that perhaps we should see some indication from the Devs on. It doesn't seem to be a huge, difficult thing to change...
Lt. Commander
# 104
01-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Here here! I second this motion.
Lt. Commander
# 105
01-02-2011, 03:45 PM
I was thinking about it the other day. The only reason I can think of for the current mechanic is maybe if you let a roommate or little brother or something play a character on your account but don't want him to just be able to log out and switch to your character. That's the only practical reason I can think of off the top of my head. Other than maybe to extend the time it takes to switch characters for balance reasons (now I'm stretching).
Lt. Commander
# 106
01-02-2011, 03:57 PM
I agree, i've always wanted tihs =\
Lt. Commander
# 107
01-03-2011, 02:56 PM
*adds this to the recently closed thread on this topic*
You'll find answers to your questions in this thread. Thank you!
Closed Thread