Lt. Commander
# 11
01-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwynyth View Post
After the debacle that was the Troi uniform, I'd much rather they take their time and make sure it's right before releasing it.

Take your time and do it right, Stormy et al!
What exactly was the "debacle" w/ the Troi costume except that SOME people were expecting it to be more than what it was? Most of us expecting this uniform have probably visited the foundry to take a peek, we have had screenshots ( 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ) posted on at least 3 threads and a brief clip on the video section. We KNOW what to expect from the uniform. I don't think there is anyone under the illusion that we will get extras like the admiral variants (though it would be nice).

Aside from some obvious issues w/ the rank pips the uniform is in great condition. I'm no expert but the costume seems ready to go but instead it's still on hold and we get the Troi costume instead
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-03-2011, 06:12 PM
I think that it is hilarious that this uniform won the poll, but is the last of all of them to be added to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav750k View Post
I think that it is hilarious that this uniform won the poll, but is the last of all of them to be added to the game.
hilarious and very irritating...they sure know how to please people.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
hilarious and very irritating...they sure know how to please people.
It doesn't bug me that much, as the best part of the uniform is already a Vet reward. I voted for it, and am looking forward to it's release. I'm just glad to see anything new added.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav750k View Post
It didn't win, It was the second place choice, BUT the fact that the first and second place choices have been the last to be released boggles the mind. What was the purpose of the poll?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
It didn't win, It was the second place choice, BUT the fact that the first and second place choices have been the last to be released boggles the mind. What was the purpose of the poll?
Possibly to gauge which ones we would be willing to pay the most for and would be willing to wait for while they appease us with lesser choices for lower prices and with more bugs. You think?

Lt. Commander
# 17
01-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
What exactly was the "debacle" w/ the Troi costume except that SOME people were expecting it to be more than what it was?
Okay, stop. You're reading things into my post that I didn't put there. Please ratchet down the vitriol and try again...

The Troi uniform itself looks like crap. That's my main definition of "debacle". If you don't agree, that's your right, but there are plenty of people who simply don't like the way it looks, and I'm one of them. End of story as far as my post.

The AGT screenshots show something that looks pretty darn good so far, and that's a promising start. They're a bit dark in the wrong places so it's hard to see the pants. And the Troi uniform looked better in the few screenshots we got beforehand, as compared to the actual product.

And the biggest point: I'm not doubting, and in fact I wasn't even criticizing anything to do with the AGT uniforms. I was just saying "take your time and get it right" as opposed to the rush of people that were chanting "hurry hurry hurry".

In fact, if you'll look around at some other subjects, I've usually been one of the defenders of the devs and how hard of a job they have. The Troi thread is the exception to that.

So off the high horse, son. That's not needed here.

Sorry for the late reply. I've had a busy week or so. No intent to necro...
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Possibly to gauge which ones we would be willing to pay the most for and would be willing to wait for while they appease us with lesser choices for lower prices and with more bugs. You think?

DStahl posted about the open jacket uniform here. Hopefully they will not charge more since it is taking time to make it "appropriate", and if they make it too "appropriate" then they just may lose sales, especially if it is not close to looking like the cover. After all, people voted for it based on the cover.

And, btw, your logic does make a lot of sense
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Well it's on foundry, so it seems pretty done to me. Maybe there's issues transferring it to all body types?
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-10-2011, 07:54 PM
you guys do realize that the All Good Things uniform is coming around Januray 13-15? (i just checked the calender, and also, that was the only thing on the calender :p)