Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan844
You don't have to be based in the same cities to work together. You can either hold video conferences, or just go to the location you all decided to meet at.
Ehh, some game development engines (such as Hero Engine and Lightspeed) allow for on-line real-time collaboration, i.e. you can have people working on the same stuff at the same time from different locations. Though yeah, in-person interaction still tends to be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemoSD
Thats like saying, "As popular as Halo 1,, 2, 3, ODST, and Reach are, I would be surprised if we didn't ever see a hint of it."

I don't think we will see a Halo or ME MMO... Bioware will not compete with itself, and by the time TOR is at its last leg, ME will be to old of a franchise.
Hardly. Star Trek is about to be 45 years old, and it's still around. Even within video games, there's plenty of franchises way older than Mass Effect that are still going today. Mario Bros., Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Sonic the Hedgehog, ********/Starcraft, Half-Life, Unreal, Madden Football, etc. Mass Effect isn't going anywhere for a long time.