Lt. Commander
# 111
01-04-2011, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maledicus
@StormShade

All your arguments and efforts of putting the ship into the referal program just look like lame excuses to legitimate the price of the ship afterwards when the Cryptic staff realized what marketing debacle they had done.

As one who has waited month for this ship to get for his Nausicaan character and supported Cryptic alot via c-store puchases i will not buy this one for 2000cp. No matter how you try to legitimate another $25 ship.

I really wonder that Cryptics Nr. 1 idea to bring the KDF on par with the Federation is to put a $25 ship for the KDF onto the c-store. Congratz.
I think I kinda predicted that something like this could happen. If you want equality with the Feds, well, C-Store content (including exclusives) are part of the package, not just some extra PVE missions and customization options.

At least if they do the referal program route, there is a point to people that prefer to play KDF to participate in the program.
Lt. Commander
# 112
01-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maledicus
@StormShade

All your arguments and efforts of putting the ship into the referal program just look like lame excuses to legitimate the price of the ship afterwards when the Cryptic staff realized what marketing debacle they had done.

As one who has waited month for this ship to get for his Nausicaan character and supported Cryptic alot via c-store puchases i will not buy this one for 2000cp. No matter how you try to legitimate another $25 ship.

I really wonder that Cryptics Nr. 1 idea to bring the KDF on par with the Federation is to put a $25 ship for the KDF onto the c-store. Congratz.
Had it been announced as a Klingon referral reward prior to release, I wouldn't be as upset about it. I would probably still be somewhat annoyed about it and the price but as it stands, the thought that adding it to the RAF program would be disingenuous for the reasons stated and after the fact.
Lt. Commander
# 113
01-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethanatos View Post
Had it been announced as a Klingon referral reward prior to release, I wouldn't be as upset about it. I would probably still be somewhat annoyed about it and the price but as it stands, the thought that adding it to the RAF program would be disingenuous for the reasons stated and after the fact.
Pretty much this. According to Stormy, there were NO plans to put this in the RAF. He has to practically BEG for it to be done to help alleviate the backlash they're getting from players. Even so, while it's a good gesture, it begs the fact as to what the hell marketing was thinking of doing it this way to begin with.
Lt. Commander
# 114
01-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Pretty much this. According to Stormy, there were NO plans to put this in the RAF. He has to practically BEG for it to be done to help alleviate the backlash they're getting from players. Even so, while it's a good gesture, it begs the fact as to what the hell marketing was thinking of doing it this way to begin with.
I am not convinced that the marketing department has the best interests of either Cryptic or STO in mind when they come up with some of these marketing ideas. All they seem to do is tick people off and add to the issues with the game with almost seeming aforethought and malice.

I guess that is what happens when you hire the marketing department from the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.
Lt. Commander
# 115
01-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
I am not convinced that the marketing department has the best interests of either Cryptic or STO in mind when they come up with some of these marketing ideas. All they seem to do is tick people off and add to the issues with the game with almost seeming aforethought and malice.

I guess that is what happens when you hire the marketing department from the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.
Share and Enjoy is definitely not the catchphrase of any marketing dept. "How big can we inflate our bonus" might be more apropos.
Lt. Commander
# 116
01-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
I hear that they'll be the first ones against the wall when the revolution comes.
Lt. Commander
# 117
01-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Share and Enjoy is definitely not the catchphrase of any marketing dept. "How big can we inflate our bonus" might be more apropos.
No, but "go stick your head in a pig" might be, unless they changed it.
Lt. Commander
# 118
01-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Quote:
No, but "go stick your head in a pig" might be, unless they changed it.
OK, I'll buy that.

Though sometimes it feels that that's Cryptic's motto, as a whole.