Lt. Commander
# 31
01-05-2011, 02:27 AM
letīs quote spidermanīs uncle:

with great power comes great responsibility!

you have been awarded lots of titles. no show us, you deserve it.
with a certain promotion-effect you might get a bigger player-base, funding your new projects (e.g. serious pvp-rewards...jesus, you got the title for best pvp even with NO special rewards at VA-level).

never the less, congratulations on the improvement of the game the last 4 month.

it reminds me of obamas noble-prize. he got it for....promises...
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-05-2011, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricofico View Post
I'm sure the none of the above were SWG fans! :p
Wait, what? SWG still has fans?

Well played Cryptic. Well deserved and well earned awards
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-05-2011, 04:53 AM
not bad

Overall Best New MMO of 2010: Star Trek Online
Biggest Surprise Hit of 2010: Star Trek Online
Best PvP in a 2010 MMO: Star Trek Online
Best Capacity for Roleplaying in a 2010 MMO: Star Trek Online
Best Launch of 2010: Star Trek Online
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-05-2011, 05:06 AM
These awards are a sham, they are nothing more than an exercise in 'community mobilisation.'
Cryptic did a better job at getting you people to vote for STO than other dev houses did with their games communities. The contradictions in the results speak for themselves, it's has 'fanboism' written all over it, if there is such a term.

Don't get me wrong, I love STO and Cryptic are doing a wonderful job but I can't take theses awards seriously. I did not vote in the poll because I've no experience with any of the other MMOs except for Eve Online. How could my vote have been objective and impartial ?
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonJames View Post
These awards are a sham, they are nothing more than an exercise in 'community mobilisation.'
Cryptic did a better job at getting you people to vote for STO than other dev houses did with their games communities. The contradictions in the results speak for themselves, it's has 'fanboism' written all over it, if there is such a term.

Don't get me wrong, I love STO and Cryptic are doing a wonderful job but I can't take theses awards seriously. I did not vote in the poll because I've no experience with any of the other MMOs except for Eve Online. How could my vote have been objective and impartial ?
Do you really think that all the other 18 000 people that voted, did play all the other mmo's?

I'ts the same with all other public votings, even elections, it all depends on how many people you can mobilize to vote for you, thats democrazy not fanboy ism......
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-05-2011, 05:21 AM
You should be a lot less concerned with the validity of their 2010 awards and more concerned about what needs to be done to be meaningful beyond their launch year and be in the "big" categories in the future. Interestingly Cryptic scored high on both the best and worst MMO developers.

The Chrysler 300 won a bunch of awards too the first year it came out and the American taxpayers know what eventually happened there.

Not saying the 2010 awards are completely undeserved. The high placement of None of the Above is concerning, but there's no way to know if that truly reflects specific dissatisfaction with STO or voter apathy toward the crop of 2010 MMO's listed.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-05-2011, 06:20 AM
STO is definately on the right track, but im rather annoyed at all the idiots on there screamng their ears out just because we won some.
Im guessin alot of them is WOW worshipers -.-'
Or Trekie haters, haters gonna hate after all.

Safe to say tho, the Trek fanbase just royaly ***** the blizzard fanbase x3
And i can't help but smile because of that smple fact :3
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
I am surprised however that it won over FFXIV...
From what I know, the FFXIV launch has been completely fubar. They haven't even started charging players yet, because they don't feel the game is up to par yet. So anyone who bought a boxed copy on release is now at 90 free days because the game is still in an unplayable state.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-05-2011, 08:52 AM
I request this be used in response to all 'player numbers' feedback in the future, courteousy of the aforementioned poll :

"If STO can muster a big enough fan base to vote for it while the other have not, ... that says something."

If 80% of people who play STO and voted for it made up nearly one half of the total votes, that would make us the most motivated fan base. I give the 20% margin because I'd be certain some people who play STO did not vote for it. Specifically on the 'largest disappointment' portion.

Now, let's party!
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-05-2011, 09:15 AM
I am happy with the results as i am happy with the game.
It is not perfect, yes. And it will take time to perfect it, also yes, but hell, for me, the posibility of "living the series" is more than enough.