Lt. Commander
# 11
01-05-2011, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axterix
I'm curious, have you tried the second sci with the borg medical kit? It offers heals, which have resists enough and tachyon wave (think that's the name, the damage to shield, possible knockback one), which is supposed to destroy force fields. It comes at the cost of the group heal, I believe, which shouldn't be a big deal if he's up in the tree.

If the description is actually right for a change, that should instantly pop the cover shields.

Guess I'm mostly just curious if it actually does what it says it does
Nope.. To be honest, Im a space player.. Not even specced for this - Still find it simple though.

*Edit* I think its useless though.. It might drop a covershield or dome, but he kinda spam those (and I somehow doubt its a lingering effect)
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-05-2011, 03:56 AM
The fleet I am in does this STF constantly. It does take a little work and planning, but you can get though it in about an hour in a half on a good day.

Tactical is actually the best to put with the batleth when it comes to Armek. When are fleet does is pump up are tact with science and engineering buffs. Dovalene is one of them. That can be found in the physician kit. For science the best kits to bring are medic and physicians at least.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-05-2011, 03:57 AM
Yeah, it isn't hard if people play as a team, come prepared, and have some clue as to strats, though the Cure is the worst of the three (with borg stuff).

I've got the borg kit myself, haven't tested it for 3 reasons:
1. When I run it, I'm the guy tanking.
2. I'm the only sci often enough.
3. I consider the STFs, and the Cure in particular, some of the worst designed group content I have ever experienced in a multitude of MMOs. And I'm a guy that's all about single group content. Couple that with a complete lack of personal incentive to run it more than once (45 version...5 marks, 70 to get a kit, while it takes 24 exploration marks for the same kit, 51 version, sorties are a much better return on time invested), I don't run it often enough to counteract #1 and 2.

But it does seem like a kit to try, as its powers seem like they are suited almost perfectly for the fight.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-05-2011, 06:31 AM
This STF shouldn't take more than 2 hours. However it is true that the second gate is a real pain in the neck. Sometimes a random patrol will spawn which makes it impossible to do it on the first pass. The third gate is the easiest of them all if everyone is in position. Not a single worker should get even close to the second transmitter.

Terradome is another story altogether. If you die (or if Sulu dies) in the last room you're screwed. Eventhough you're supposed to respawn just outiide the door it won't open. You have to start the ground part from the start... I have never completed it to this day.

Infected: 30 to 60 minutes

Cure: 1:30 to 2:00

KA: 3:00 to 6:00

Terradome: 4:00 if done right (never completed it)