Lt. Commander
# 11
01-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeDirector View Post
Great to see planet exploration is being given serious consideration.

Too bad I've got websense blocking the game screenshot...I'll have to wait until Saturday to see it
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...nd_contest.jpg
Try that link. See if it helps.

Also: Submitted my work.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-15-2009, 07:21 PM
(sighs happily to self)
The Miranda-class-truly timeless.

as for this contest,I am definitely submitting an entry
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...nd_contest.jpg
Try that link. See if it helps.

Also: Submitted my work.

Didnt work but thanks a lot for taking the time Dave!

Actually, I've decided I may write my entry without seeing the screenshot anyway...perhaps my wild imagination will take me farther...
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen
Part of the adventure that comes from exploring strange new worlds is discovering that planet's history and hearing the stories of its inhabitants. Imagine you have just entered orbit around the planet pictured here. Your mind races with the possibilities of what you will find. What is the planet's name? What or who lives there? Are they peaceful or antagonistic, welcoming or outright hostile? Are they long gone leaving only more mysteries to solve?

Tell us about the planet shown on the Planet Exploration contest rules page. You can tell a story of daily life of the inhabitants, make a scientific survey log entry, or weave any type of tale you choose.

Email us your story of up to 500 words at contest@crypticstudios.com by January 29, 2009.

Orbit established, Captain. What do you think is down there?
Is this for the US only? or is this competition eligible for people outside the US i.e. England?
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfleetOfficer View Post
Is this for the US only? or is this competition eligible for people outside the US i.e. England?
Contest is open to any current legal resident of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding every national, state, local, or other jurisdiction in which it is prohibited or restricted by any law, statute, regulation, or other appropriate authority, and in particular Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. territories and U.S. military installations located in a foreign country) who is eighteen (18) years of age or older (hereafter "Participant")
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-15-2009, 07:49 PM
I want to be in that beta seat as much as anyone else does, but after reading the contest rules I think I would rather relax and observe the other contestants. I look forward to reading about the winner, and perahps a few of the entries?
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beladan View Post
Contest is open to any current legal resident of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding every national, state, local, or other jurisdiction in which it is prohibited or restricted by any law, statute, regulation, or other appropriate authority, and in particular Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. territories and U.S. military installations located in a foreign country) who is eighteen (18) years of age or older (hereafter "Participant")
Ah well nevermind then, good luck my American friends
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-15-2009, 08:23 PM
How flippin' sweet is this?? This is exactly the kind of contest I want to see from Cryptic. It's been a few years since I've had to flex creative muscles like this, but I might make an entry. =D
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Great contest! Sad I live in Hong Kong.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miqrogroove View Post
I want to be in that beta seat as much as anyone else does, but after reading the contest rules I think I would rather relax and observe the other contestants. I look forward to reading about the winner, and perahps a few of the entries?
Oh wow, I didn't even notice the prize for it. That's really cool, and I would love to get that, but I'm gonna be writing this just for the sake of being able to (possibly) see my writing accepted as the background story for the planet. That would be accomplishment enough for me.