Lt. Commander
Since the beginning of the year, all two weeks of it, we've seen an increase in reported posts, spamming and harassment.

I know that it's hard waiting for a game that you really want to play, especially when you want more information and it's not coming in a constant flow. However... you all as a unified community need to make sure that you are following our guidelines. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, but keep in mind, before pressing that button whether or not you're being overly insulting, harssasing or in general a jerk.

If you can say yes to any of those three, it's probably a good idea to step away from your computer, take a few deep breaths and then re-think what you want to say.

On the other hand, I've been seeing alot of reported posts that aren't worth reporting. So, before you report someone, think about whether or not you're being overly sensitive to their disagreeing with you.

I'm working really hard right now to ensure that I can keep the information flowing. I'm also working on some activities for us as a whole. I need you all to be patient while I work on these endeavors. I am hoping that we can have fun on these boards, but I need your help to make that happen.

So, in conclusion, please be nice to each other. If you can't be nice, at least be respectful. If you have questions on our terms of service, please feel to ask them here. I'll do my best to answer them in layman's terms so that you all have a better understanding of what is and is not allowed here.

Thanks!
Nicole
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Here Here! We all have our own opinions, but that doesn't mean that everyone else is wrong
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Aye, aye, Awen!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-15-2009, 02:33 PM
I don't envy your position........it cannot be easy with everyone wanting it now. It is my sincere hopes that patience will overcome the fervor of not getting info as fast as we would like. That being said ---I want it now!!---- to quote Feruka Salt jk.. We all do appreciate your info and the hard work you and cryptic are doing. Thank You!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2009, 08:05 PM
The board moderators have been very nice here compared to the old sto-net boards. The majority of users here are having no trouble at all. So I think it would be better to handle problems case-by-case rather than by public finger-wag announcements like this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miqrogroove View Post
The board moderators have been very nice here compared to the old sto-net boards. The majority of users here are having no trouble at all. So I think it would be better to handle problems case-by-case rather than by public finger-wag announcements like this.
I boldly agree.... This is a much more awesome community than anyone could have expected.

Well maybe I'm wrong, and maybe how great everyone is here is being taken for granted - but I digress.

The problem is that occasionally a few people just forget who pays the bills for this server, like some kind of BS Star Trek Fan customer sovereignty thing. It's been quite mild IMHO.

As I write this, I'm certainly not forgetting my place.
*waves*

Maybe I missed something, but I don't think so... I noticed a few of the latest happenstances.

This message was a bit of a let down.

But on a lighter note: What kind of activities, Awen?
Lt. Commander
# 7 Completely agree
01-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Being the veteran of many an MMO, I can attest to how fast a game forum can spiral out of control.

Openly unpleasant players need to be warned, gross and/or repeatedly mean-spirited players need to be suspended or banned. Once you start letting these types bully the rest of us, it is very hard to re-establish that friendly tone.

ST is for the most part a amiable place. It doesn't have to be care-bear, it just needs to be civil, even when people disagree.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Just keep the line of posts with Star Trek

and not RL issues. Everyone has different opinions, and none need be expressed here
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-25-2009, 10:03 AM
I agree this is overall a good community, and I know for a fact that the mods are working very hard to make it even better. I think it behooves all of us to assist them in that.

I think one thing that would go a long way in doing that would be for some to learn that people with a different opinion on a given subject aren't the enemy, and neither are people that don't share one's particular play style preference.

There's also no need to "go on the attack" just because someone wants to see something in the game that you don't, or doesn't want to see something that you do.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Overall I think that this community is far and above one of the best on the internet, especially when compared to some of those for other massively multiplayer online games I have played; that being said, I have noticed a little bit more negativity around here recently, but I am thinking that a majority of it will go away once we get closer to launch date since people will have a lot more to talk about instead of just criticizing every trivial detail that has been released about the game so far.