Lt. Commander
# 41
01-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Like they say you don't have to outrun the bear, you just need to outrun the other guys. Kidding, kidding. Congratulations Cryptic well deserved!
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-05-2011, 10:30 AM
question is who did you bribe to win it .........
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Quote:
The next four categories should be a familiar sight by now as Star Trek Online dominated Best PvP, Best Capacity for Roleplay, Biggest Surprise Hit and Best Overall MMO of 2010. Could it be that Cryptic rallied hard to get its community in to win these awards? Possibly, but that option was open for every game nominated. It could also be that Star Trek Online is just that good. Check out the results:
lol, they're on to you..
Lt. Commander
# 44 clearly not the best
01-05-2011, 12:39 PM
This does not show forth anything. the competition in their catagories were slim and the other genre games where blah.

Lets be real, cryptic promised alot of well still do going on a year. promise alot. people who play sto including I are just waiting on the promised to be completed or SWTOR to come out. which ever one comes first. I for one judge a game on its merits and attributes. if the game follows a movie or genre i base it off the genre. Cryptic you get a "C-". why. you are missing to much from the star trek universe which by your definition is small lol. You did not start with the basics and build outward from their. You are missing the star trek experience and just delivered great eye candy. Ill give you that. the eye candy is awesome. you fooled us all with the eye candy and fake promises. sector space revamp is good eye candy that should give you a few more months BS time. Overal though from a commited trekkie who studies and knows the star trek shows movies and tech you have not delivered and when the bar is set low well you can win. You had to much bad press, bad reviews, constant lies and miss managements to pat yourself on the back. Compared to other space genre mmo's you would not win. thats the case in point. You did not go up against other space genre mmo's.

just saying
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso
I just noticed too.

Despite being at the top of many of the the lists for many of the honors, STO is also one of the biggest disappointments of the year. Kind of conflicting, no?
You mean in the same way the Blizzard (Developer of World of ********) won for both Best Developer and Worst Developer (Not counting "None of the Above")?

It just goes to show that no, you can't please everyone - the best you can hope for is to please slightly more people than you anger.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
We're happy to share we won a slew of awards at Massively's Player's Choice Awards, including Best New MMO of 2010, Best Launch and more! Head over to their Awards results page to read more. Thanks to everyone who voted for us!

Congrats Cryptic!

Link to the news article.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Yeah, congrats, Cryptic team!

(On a side note, I wish they had used the same colors for the games throughout their graphs. I know it's a bit nit-picky, but I just found it weird that a game would be using the color purple in the first graph, then yellow in the next, etc. )
Yeah, the multi-color changes annoyed the hell out of me...oyu aren't alone on that lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
This does not show forth anything. the competition in their catagories were slim and the other genre games where blah.

Lets be real, cryptic promised alot of well still do going on a year. promise alot. people who play sto including I are just waiting on the promised to be completed or SWTOR to come out. which ever one comes first. I for one judge a game on its merits and attributes. if the game follows a movie or genre i base it off the genre. Cryptic you get a "C-". why. you are missing to much from the star trek universe which by your definition is small lol. You did not start with the basics and build outward from their. You are missing the star trek experience and just delivered great eye candy. Ill give you that. the eye candy is awesome. you fooled us all with the eye candy and fake promises. sector space revamp is good eye candy that should give you a few more months BS time. Overal though from a commited trekkie who studies and knows the star trek shows movies and tech you have not delivered and when the bar is set low well you can win. You had to much bad press, bad reviews, constant lies and miss managements to pat yourself on the back. Compared to other space genre mmo's you would not win. thats the case in point. You did not go up against other space genre mmo's.

just saying
You aren't the only one who wishes that Cryptic begins to bring in what was promised to us, especially that at the world premier...but to be honest if you're ticked off from this, then why are you still here? You obvious show that you have a problem with Cryptic and STO itself.

Cryptic wasn't in the best of position when they took over STO's production...if they had more money and more time, STO would have been near what it is now at launch alone.

And hell, I'm going to be playing both STO and TOR (STO the more favored) when TOR is released...

Oh and I found it funny that all the people with WoW Avatars were the ones crying "fanboy" because STO owned haha...that fanbase is never mature....although I think most mature people left that game ages ago 8P
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Notice that they don't mention the MMORPG.com awards though. The big winner this year there was far more honest with a 32% vote for "none of the above". Then again, Cryptic didn't put a post in the forums suggesting that we go to vote in that one.

These awards are really pretty meaningless if the company has to announce their existence, let alone suggest that we go vote for them.
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
We're happy to share we won a slew of awards at Massively's Player's Choice Awards, including Best New MMO of 2010, Best Launch and more! Head over to their Awards results page to read more. Thanks to everyone who voted for us!

Link to the news article.
What? We fracking won?
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Congrats. I was worried earlier in the year that STO would not do so well. And now STO is doing better than ever. I am happy to lend my support.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Heartfelt grats.

Cryptic are a company who have the potential to become a big noise... a potential they are starting to realise.

I loved COX, I love CO and I'm falling for STO hard.
The awards are confirmation to you guys that you are moving in the right direction and that Cryptic are a damn solid mmo company..

Kudos.