Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I just did the mission with one of my alts where you meet Franklin Drake. Problem is I already worked for him doing the Devidian missions. What would be nice is if one of the devs could go back and add a flag so that Drake would recognize me if that's the case. Like, "Hey, Bob. Nice to see you again. Now let me explain what's going on..."

Just a thought.

BTW: I'm still going to kill him for sending me back in time to a Federation outpost in a Klingon Cruiser owned by an enemy to the empire. D**n you Franklin Drake!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-05-2011, 02:59 PM
As a firm supporter of section 31 I always side with him screw those straihgt lined idiots who will be the end of the federation.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-05-2011, 03:04 PM
I just want him to recognize me when I see him again in Romulan space. He acts like we've never met despite my already existing intense desire to shove him into a warp core. When my XO said, "The Romulans have him!" I responded, "Okay. We'll go rescue him.."

I'm sure it would take a dev a lunch break to add the flag and appropriate dialog box.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
As a firm supporter of section 31 I always side with him screw those straihgt lined idiots who will be the end of the federation.
It wasn't really a question of morale, sadly. As cool as that mission and its twist was, both parties were represented as compromised and neither NPC's information could be verified, so the question wasn't "do you believe in what Section 31 stands for" but rather "which of the two is the Undine".

My Vulcan chose S31 - based solely on her cold logic that an organization like his would be less likely to be infiltrated compared to an ordinary captain of some small ship.

That said, those "straight lined idiots" you are referring to are quite necessary for keeping the Federation from becoming a tyranny like the Cardassian High Command. It's all about the balance between right and wrong. Even Sloan knew this.

And don't forget that even S31's own plans can backfire, making the situation worse than it was before.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
I just did the mission with one of my alts where you meet Franklin Drake. Problem is I already worked for him doing the Devidian missions. What would be nice is if one of the devs could go back and add a flag so that Drake would recognize me if that's the case. Like, "Hey, Bob. Nice to see you again. Now let me explain what's going on..."

Just a thought.

BTW: I'm still going to kill him for sending me back in time to a Federation outpost in a Klingon Cruiser owned by an enemy to the empire. D**n you Franklin Drake!
Yes! Definitely they should go back and add in conditional text for situations like this. I know they have the technology - before the Devidian Series came out, when you went to Eta Eridani there were at least three different versions of the priority one message preview that you could get from Drake.

One of them was if you never met before. He'd just say he was part of some organization that needed your help.

The second one was if you'd completed the Suspicion mission where you met Drake. He'd say that he was impressed by your actions at Agrama.

Then there was a third version you'd get if you had met him in that mission where you have to choose him or the captain. He'd pretty much state that it was Section 31 you were dealing with.

They need to go back over old missions and people you supposedly never met but helped already in other missions should recognize you. Another example is Ambassador Surah at Starbase 39. When you introduce yourself there it's like he never met you before - even if you see him every day for the Deferi dailies.

The opposite works though - if you do Starbase 39 mission before Cold Call, in Cold Call he'll say that he recognizes the great work you did on the Starbase 39 negotiations.

As Gozer is going back and reworking old missions, please say that he or someone is going around fixing continuity issues like these?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-05-2011, 03:33 PM
The S31-related missions and episodes came in a chronological timeframe of current content first, Deferi second, Devidian third.

Yes, it'll be a problem if someone unfamiliar with the weekisodes like the Deferi/Devidian decide to jump the gun. I propose either weekisodes be locked till the main content S31 missions are finished, or a complete rewrite to account for or the lack of S31 and Drake to the character's knowledge.

This way, no one's jumping the gun on content designed for higher-ups. I've been hearing and seeing lots of complaints from my lower-leveled friends about the Deferi/Devidian weekisodes being too hard.

As for the nature of S31...

This is a long-standing discussion about the nature of Section 31. It was controversial back when they introduced them in DS9, its controversial now, because of their "preserve the federation at any cost" mentality.

Me? At no point should we ignore the principles and freedoms we so protect and believe in for safety and security. If we do, we're just living lies.

I'm against S31. Always have, always will be.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-05-2011, 03:45 PM
After the whole incident at Drozana with the D-7 disquise, if I ever get my hands on Drake I'm throwing him out the nearest airlock.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazumaKat
... their "preserve the federation at any cost" mentality.

Me? At no point should we ignore the principles and freedoms we so protect and believe in for safety and security. If we do, we're just living lies.

I'm against S31. Always have, always will be.
My feelings exactely. Thanks, bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSterling
After the whole incident at Drozana with the D-7 disquise, if I ever get my hands on Drake I'm throwing him out the nearest airlock.
Wait, I wanna push
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSterling
Take a number. You can have what's left of him after he travels through the plasma manifold.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-05-2011, 03:51 PM
I plan on shoving him into a furry bean bag chair and dropping him off on Qo'noS.

Aside from that it would be nice for him (and others down the road) to remember me, but considering how many female VA's they have to deal with on a daily basis, I can be forgiving if they forget me.