# 11
12-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Take a look over here.

Regards,
Rachel
Lt. Commander
# 12
12-28-2010, 10:42 AM
awesome i liked it. could you give some websites to get some 'dramatic' music from for trailers?

also could you describe how you create the video?

You play through the mission on tribble and use demo record? Then edit it?

p.s the big battle at the end shoulda made a few seconds.

also how did you like the mission?
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
awesome i liked it. could you give some websites to get some 'dramatic' music from for trailers?

also could you describe how you create the video?

You play through the mission on tribble and use demo record? Then edit it?

p.s the big battle at the end shoulda made a few seconds.

also how did you like the mission?
Left a review on what I liked and didn't like. The final fight was unfilmable, as my fps broke down to 2-4.

The music is some expensive royalty free stuff they have licensed at the place I work. But I do not know, if it is affordable for average users. I'd recommend you to search for Creative Commons music.

A tutorial will hopefully be available shortly on the starbase ugc blog.

Regards,
Rachel
Lt. Commander
# 14
12-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Did you enjoy the mission?

Yes, very much so!

Was it too short, too long or just right?

Personally I would go with just right, but I can see how other people might think it was too short. I really like that you didn't try to make the mission artificially longer - it was as long as the story dictated.

What would you like to see more of?

Missions by you, haha.

Which aspect of the mission did you like?

I like that you spent time developing the characters. It did sort of start to feel like running around in circles, but it was worth it for the story development. I have a bad feeling about Crewman Connor's fate!

Was the dialogue of your crew too personal? Or was it objective enough not to distort your sense of your crew's personality?

I think you hit the right level.

What do you like?

The level of polish on the mission was really nice. Also, I loved the character development.

What you don't like?

It may have been a little too similar to The Siege of AR-558. That isn't a huge complaint, though, because that's one of my favorite Star Trek episodes.

What could be done better? Foundry/technical wise or story wise

I played at normal difficulty, so I don't know if this applies at the other difficulties, but during the siege at the end, there were so many friendly NPC's that I didn't feel like I was needed. Maybe if there were another wave it would be a little bit more important to be there.
Lt. Commander
# 15
12-28-2010, 08:23 PM
oh the tweaking of the battle at the end is rough, sometimes there'd be some left on some sides, and others none...I'll run through it again without taking part and see how it goes.

And the inspiration for the mission came from that episode. The Siege of AR-558" I remember that episode name like it was yesterday. Excellent episode. I guess alot of people may not have seen it or don't remember, because you are the first to state that you realize/ suspect it is based on that episode.

One thing i would love to do with the Foundry is re-create memorable missions. Tings like way of the warrior, shattered mirror, but the license doesnt allow you to.

thanks for the great feed back. Encourage your friends and fleet mates to play. The more people I have playing the missions the more missions I am going to create and the likelihood of finishing this series. My series will have all the characters recurring and even more in depth stuff. But I won't create anymore for tribble right now, as they all have to be re-done for holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-28-2010, 08:30 PM
I think recreating episodes would be pretty difficult to pull off. Because of the limitations of the toolset, I don't think the mission would be as good as the original episode. I like what you did here, because you took the spirit of a classic episode but tweaked it into something different and less likely to be compared to the original.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-06-2011, 07:33 PM
a guy wrote in my mission, why are all those guys standing around.

Well there's some explanation for that. Originally I wanted them to be 'reinforcements' beamed in from your ship. Because I think it is retarded sometimes if you are on the ground and your ship is in orbit that you can't call for help...

Hence your ship leaving orbit and returning just in time to beam in some reinforcements would make the fight at the end of the mission epic and add a cool factor.

However, there are currently no advanced triggers in foundry yet, and they are on the to-do short term list, hopefuly next 2-3 months. So you might be able to trigger friendly npc groups in the future soon. Right now you cannot add friendly groups to a map other than what you create the map with.

Only enemies, you can beam in enemies on having completed certain objectives.

Secondly as a result of the first, they are all there grouped up standing up, so that they have a good line of sight with the enemy klingons, that end battle can be so iffy sometimes, sometimes one side will be wiped out leaving you with hordes to take on, and other times your friendlies won't break a sweat. So i've had to group them together as best as possible to get them all in on the action as quick as possible so they don't 'lose' the fight.

All that could be changed with triggers, have you fight hordes of klingons with some npc friendlies, then you get a message from your ship and get reinforcements, to overcome the klingon attack, but that is too complicated for the f oundry at this time. Dialogue could explain it, but still it's going to look weird.

So for now those guys are guarding the base If one doesn't play through the mission, then one will not see what they are for.