Lt. Commander
# 41
12-15-2010, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor12345 View Post
Plus it's a Star Trek forum, he should be quoting it in the original klingon rather than the weird english version.
that is the translation from the original Klingon
Lt. Commander
# 42
12-15-2010, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The whole idea of going outside the current paying customers for feedback sounds pretty random at best. People who arent currently playing have no stake in the game, and there is no way to know whether they will actually come back or not, or if their just bitter and screwing with you for fun.
Nomaly I enjoy and agree with your posts.... but no this one.

By your logic I could say that the lifers have no real stake in the game anymore. You pay only for C-store items, you represent such a small amount of the monthly cash flow for cryptic that in all honesty your opinions should be listened to less than those who still pay each month or even those who left due to some issue with the game.

I took a small break recently. When I un-subbed I was asked for my reasons as to why I was leaving. So despite your claim that they have no stake in the game they may well hold the key as to what is keeping others away and their opinion still matters to cryptic.

If Cryptic just continue to listen to the current player base ONLY they will do little more than retain the customers they have and as most of them seem to be lifers (judging by the forums as a micro sample) that means no increase in cash flow.
Lt. Commander
# 43
12-15-2010, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
you yourself, would have no extra say in the game development.
I feel the need to nitpick here, and reiterate one of the several reasons I opposed the council.

The members would indeed have extra say, because they would be able to filter the input of 'their' community however they like when summarizing it into presentation for Cryptic, skewing the voice of X potential customers.

Any such operation should be outreach by paid Cryptic employees to peripheral potential-customer communities, because then their personal agenda is going to be fairly reliably guided by their paycheck.

Or paid third-party contractors, except for the idiot firm that came up with the defunct plan, tossed together a list of founding members without notifying them, and picked a blog (rather than a community) riddled with stuff that would get any of us banned from posting here thrice over.
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-15-2010, 08:32 AM
The player council.....lucky for all of us it was DOA.....just the idea that those guys from STOked were going to be in it.....*a cold shiver down my spine*....I like Star Trek....but these guys are married to it!
Lt. Commander
# 45
12-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I know the source material, but people change quotes in these forums all the time..
omg ......
Lt. Commander
# 46
12-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELITE-Kaos View Post
By your logic I could say that the lifers have no real stake in the game anymore.
False. My statement was "people who are not currently PLAYING have no stake in the game".
Lt. Commander
# 47
12-16-2010, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
...I like Star Trek....but these guys are married to it!
Such slander! =O I've never heard such scathing remarks about my character. I thought the internet was a civilized place!

Srsly, if that's the worst criticism there is to weigh against me, I feel pretty good about it.
Lt. Commander
# 48 Yesss!!!
12-16-2010, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Everyone has a voice. YOU are the player council, right here on the forums.

We take great pride in the fact the we aren't just continuing development of STO, we're continuing to develop it with you. Your voices are heard loud and clear in the office. Not only from my efforts, but also from the efforts of much of the dev team, including our executive producer.

Your feedback is incredibly important, and most certainly has a very large effect on the direction the game continues to move in.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Just so everybody is aware.....Stormy has declared that I am in the players council. So ha!!! Yeah.....players council! But all joking aside, the forums are where the cool kids hang out. If they had a bunch of role playing fanboys in a "players council" it would get old really quick. They would run around the forums thinking they are mods and devs. I despise those kinds of people.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borticus View Post
Such slander! =O I've never heard such scathing remarks about my character. I thought the internet was a civilized place!

Srsly, if that's the worst criticism there is to weigh against me, I feel pretty good about it.
I like that podcast. They always get good interviews, and conduct them well. I don't subscribe to it.......but I would if I subscribed to podcasts. If people think they can do a better job......then do it. I produce a comedy podcast, and its garbage. Its easy to set one up, but to produce good content.......thats a whole different tale. BTW Borticus can you autograph my.........tricorder. :p
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-07-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I know the source material, but people change quotes in these forums all the time..
Most men don't even think before saying such stuff, it just doesn't even factor in their heads to equate women as equal human beings. That's just 'mankind' for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubdevo View Post
Just so everybody is aware.....Stormy has declared that I am in the players council. So ha!!! Yeah.....players council! But all joking aside, the forums are where the cool kids hang out. If they had a bunch of role playing fanboys in a "players council" it would get old really quick. They would run around the forums thinking they are mods and devs. I despise those kinds of people.
Joke, but that actually happened, I remember... *points at 'Borticus'* - It took a LOT to make Cryptic back down, they actually employed people using random forum names rather like chinese spammers at one point to moderate the forums and delete any criticism of the council, 50 cent party style: www.snipr.com/atariPR

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/637/atari.gif <-- How some of the council were appointed, they basically took a random weirdo from myspace who happened to be female who's sole claim to fame was a blog and appointed her as somehow representative of the community. What part of the community wasn't hard to guess, some moron marketing guy obviously thought 'oh yeah, female member' and expected 90% of the female users on the forum not to say WHAT how the hell is THAT supposed to be representative of anyone?

But yeah over now...