Lt. Commander
# 1 Design Enterprise
01-07-2011, 05:22 AM
Maybe I am misisng something, but is there a toolset to use to enter the contest, or are we suppose to use something like Expression Design?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-07-2011, 05:29 AM
There's no toolset...what you're basically uploading is a .jpg picture file. However you get a design onto a picture is up to you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-07-2011, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangover_Boy
There's no toolset...what you're basically uploading is a .jpg picture file. However you get a design onto a picture is up to you.
That's what I was afraid of. I'm no artist, I'll not enter this particular contest.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-07-2011, 06:31 AM
The OP has a nice design. I'm just SICK TO DEATH of the Star Trek Universe having 1.7 designs it re-iterates over and over and over and over and over and over! (I count the Reliant/Nebula subgroup as the other 0.7)

It was a good sign that the professional illustrator who worked ship designs for the series sketched something that looked NEW even though he couldn't enter the contest. Evolution o the concept instead of regurgitation. I'd like for the 'F' to represent something other than the same old same old.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_Miller
Maybe I am misisng something, but is there a toolset to use to enter the contest, or are we suppose to use something like Expression Design?
I just spent a couple hours in paint and came up with this:

http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...word=David%20M

It is nothing too fancy, but it is 100% original lines though I made sure it kept within the confines of where Starfleets designs were heading.

However, the point is that with a bit of time and patients (and prepared to redraw lines until perfect) you can get the basic design across without needing to use 3-D models. And at the end of the day, there's no harm in trying, and you maybe proud of what you can come up with
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeOnline View Post
The OP has a nice design. I'm just SICK TO DEATH of the Star Trek Universe having 1.7 designs it re-iterates over and over and over and over and over and over! (I count the Reliant/Nebula subgroup as the other 0.7)

It was a good sign that the professional illustrator who worked ship designs for the series sketched something that looked NEW even though he couldn't enter the contest. Evolution o the concept instead of regurgitation. I'd like for the 'F' to represent something other than the same old same old.
How about something so different it's a controversy? :p

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=196363
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-07-2011, 07:30 AM
I like the presentation reasonably well, but it is pretty clearly in the Reliant-family of designs. I could see it in the game, just as I could see the OPs design finding a place. I just hope that the Enerprise F can get out from under the crushing weight of tradition.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
How about something so different it's a controversy? :p

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=196363
I looked at this one, and I really do like it. However my only issue would be it looks like its from the Nebula/Galaxy/Reliant era of ship design but I think its more the texture than the actual ship design.

Nice job