Lt. Commander
# 1 Visit the bridge
12-17-2010, 03:56 AM
Cmon Cyptic what was the point of letting us visit the bridge anyway

we cant do anything there and it was a very poor halfhearted attempt anyway.

The crew look like they came from starwars attack of the clones becuse they all look the same .
or is there some kind of interbreeding going on in my ship that the admiral is unaware of ? .

As for the mission replay , at least give us a holodeck to go into and replay the missions from there
plus the option of playing foundry missions from the holodeck

that would be a little better

Lt. Commander
# 2
12-20-2010, 06:45 PM
The bridges and ship interiors we have now are much better than at launch. You have a Ready Room, the Captain's Quarters, a lounge, Sickbay, and Engineering. Stahl mentioned that improving the crew was one of their goals for Season 4.

Initially, there were neither bridges nor ship interiors. So far, they've delivered on their promise to improve ship interiors.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-20-2010, 07:49 PM
haven't earned any trophies yet? you can set up 2 wall trophies in the Ready Room and 4 down in the mess hall, along with a larger Floor trophy. Some of them are pretty cool. It's not much, but it's a start on customizing the interior.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-21-2010, 06:15 PM
I love that idea that you can roam around your own ship. Will be nice when you can do more things to customize it. Also will be nice to have more tools to interact with other people/friends, such as the poker table. Gotta love your home away from home!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Like the idea of roaming your own ship. Be nice little touch if the crew nodded, saluted or just stopped walking while their superior officer walks past.

and..

whats with the beam into and out of your own ship's bridge? its only a change of view....
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-09-2011, 05:05 PM
I find it very handy for meeting friends to trade stuff or train each others Bo's you can be in zenas Your buddy can be in b'tran and meet on a Bridge too easy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-14-2011, 07:09 AM
I have actually sat a officer in my fleet down on my ready room and chatted with him on teamspeak......lil lame but none the less it was cool to us.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-14-2011, 08:48 AM
And once when I was a member of a fleet, we held a fleet meeting in the Crew Lounge. I agree that I'm hoping we'll get more to do with our interiors, but it's also true that they're a lot better then they were. We'll get there!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-14-2011, 09:35 AM
First I agree the interiors have come a very Long way from when I first started. I just resubbed and walked around them and was floored.

I am bothered by a few things...
1. the hallway going to my room is HUGE, ok I am in a defiant, where did all the interior volume come it. Oh wait it is the same on every ship I visit. Mt complaint would be scale, come on guys it doesnt take a brain sergeon to figure out that a defiant will not have cavernous hallways. And I can't believe your artists dont have a way to just scale things down, ALA the golden ship models, which are SWEET!

There is no way there is that much room on my Bird of Pray, the thing has a crew of like 40 people, yet I passed a few hundered on my tour of my BOP... WTF????

I have yet to understand how come all the bridges are oversized as well, and do not seem to conform to ship class, which in all the movies they did. In fact I would have thought it would be exceedingly easy for the modellers and artists to do the bridges of the different ships in the movies shows etc, since you can just watch the episodes and see the stuff.

Now that I said mostly negative things, I will reiterate... The interiors are COOL. I love them, but it needs more work, in some cases the size detracts from the feeling of immersion when your inside the ship and its oversized, or you see crew literally falling over each other and in too high of quantities.

Takiwa
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3darkangel View Post
What's with the beam into and out of your own ship's bridge? It's only a change of view....
That my firend is where you are wrong... it is a change of instance, and because of that the system in STO to change instances for a ground member is to beam and for ship is to warp. Even though that mechanic is actually not happening I believe this is a default action coded into the engine, similar to the smoke puff if your character falls from an overly tall height, this is also what causes the starships to fall sometimes in the space map and bit with a billow of dust particles. It was taken (originally) from a game designed to be on earth with superheroes, who each time they landed from flying would thump the earth and smoke.
Takiwa