Lt. Commander
# 11 Really good one
01-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Lots of good info in there. Love that there will be a new melee weapon coming, along with delta flyer or shuttle. Love the first officer idea.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-07-2011, 01:45 PM
I too am happy about the melee weapon hint.. Andorians using batt'leths (sp) is just silly. Main reason why I havent bothered trying melee as a tactical officer.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-07-2011, 01:47 PM
i just want to be able to hit someone with a shovel.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Some really great stuff here and thank you Dstahl for answering so many questions. (Like seriously that was a big one!)

The only thing I am upset about is the Open PVP. I am really upset about that to be honest. It said that many people arent pvpers on STO. This could be due to the fact that pvp has been broken, take forever to get into, and theres no real reason for anyone but Klingons to do it but there is hardly any incentive to be Klingon.

I have brought this up several times on the forums and it always seem to go unanswered or looked over but this game is set in a time of war... Now I am not saying make it into one massive PVP server because some people dont like pvp or havent done enough of it to see how awesome it truely is and other people hate getting ganked. Fair enough! However if we had a zone say.... along the contested portion of the Neutral Zone that players from both factions willing fly into for the challenge of spontaneous PVP, I think everyone would be happy with that. PVE'ers are safe and sound in Federation space and the PVPers are fighting on the front lines.

Give us 1 zone... a block within a block even, a few planets to fly around (perhaps they are filled with things to scan to break up the pvp) maybe a ground map and let us fight each other as we please. You could even use maps and locations that already exist (lord knows you made a billion of them) we're not picky, we just want to have fun.

Its really the only thing I am missing from this game, REAL pvp. People dont like waiting in lines so please stop forcing us to queue all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
A: We are well on our way to fully improving crafting and Season 3 was one of the baby steps along the way. Next up is the Duty Officer Roster (formerly known as the crew system) which will start to introduce new craftables based on the Duty Officers you assign to various departments on your ship. We absolutely plan to make more sets and to look at possibly adding weaponry to future sets.
I am excited about assigning BO's to selected positions, but I hope that they are not put at random bridge consoles anymore, my Chief Medical Officer has been hanging out at my tactical station for awhile now.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-07-2011, 01:51 PM
Excited to hear that u will be able to change your charter species some day, do u think we will be able to change are career as well?
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-07-2011, 01:52 PM
For the universal uniform for all NPC's, could you perhaps give players an option to select which uniform style *they* want to see?
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-07-2011, 01:55 PM
I love the answers here. Now the big question is when will they happen?
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Is it just me or was this the

BEST

ASK CRYPTIC

EVER!
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Thank you for answering my questions dstahl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl
If we ever had an, "Ask the Cryptic Fans" - one of our questions would be "Why do players make their humans 6'4 or taller?"
Actually that's a good idea. You should start a thread entitled "Ask the Cryptic Fans", and ask us all of those little things you've always wanted to know.