Lt. Commander
# 121
01-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Mr. Stahl certainly is not completely responsible for the state of every single detail of this game currently. But we the paying customers are responsible for none of those details.

I have to disagree with you there. Cryptic has done a lot for this game based upon community input.

The punishment system which was implemented took a couple months out of their schedule to do, time which could have been spent on any number of things including more KDF stuff. Why would they delay so much to add in a system which was unplanned and never intended to be in the game in the first place? Minority demands.

A minority of customers demanded to be punished by Cryptic... And Cryptic listened to this minority and delayed tons of stuff just so that this minority could get the punishments they so desired.

Perhaps if that minority had not been listened to more could have been accomplished for the KDF and other parts of the game by now... Instead Cryptic listened to them and everything else was delayed. Too bad a few paying customers pushed Cryptic to accept their whims over that of the majority and delayed so much for everyone else.

Lt. Commander
# 122
01-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
I have to disagree with you there. Cryptic has done a lot for this game based upon community input.

The punishment system which was implemented took a couple months out of their schedule to do, time which could have been spent on any number of things including more KDF stuff. Why would they delay so much to add in a system which was unplanned and never intended to be in the game in the first place? Minority demands.

A minority of customers demanded to be punished by Cryptic... And Cryptic listened to this minority and delayed tons of stuff just so that this minority could get the punishments they so desired.

Perhaps if that minority had not been listened to more could have been accomplished for the KDF and other parts of the game by now... Instead Cryptic listened to them and everything else was delayed. Too bad a few paying customers pushed Cryptic to accept their whims over that of the majority and delayed so much for everyone else.

And yet, there were people asking for other things at the same time people were asking for the difficulty injury system, so it was Cryptic who decided the order of priorities. If they choose wrongly, that was their choice. I'm not saying they did or didnt, just responding to your point above.
Lt. Commander
# 123
01-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Woah there boss man!

You're upset that it's a year later and we're still complaining about the lack of Klingon content? Well now, whose fault is that?

Who decided to launch this game with no Klingon content? Who decided to add a mere 8 Klingon missions over the last year? Not us. YOU DID THAT.

You want to be upset at someone there boss man? You get up and you go look in the mirror and you yell at that guy, but don't you dare get upset at us! We've been telling you for a year that we want more Klingon content. And we're going to keep on saying it until KDF ships & missions = Starfleet ships & missions.

We're the paying customers here, we're telling you what we want, what we want to pay you for. Does Cryptic want our money? We could be playing <insert other game here>, but instead we're giving our money to Cryptic, we're here playing STO instead of that other game. You want us to keep doing that? Then give us what we want.

And don't ever get upset at us, the paying customers, because of the decisions that YOU have made.

Now you go talk to that man in the mirror and you call bullcrap on that.
What if as a paying customer I would like to see them not spend more than 12% of the time on Klingons? Where does that put your self righteous argument? For the past 6 months most of the faction only content has been Klingon, and most of the new content for the Feds has been shared content.

Honestly its this kind of crappy attitude that makes it hard for me to want to support the Klingon faction at all, especially when I know a lot of people playing would be happy to have half as much as the Klingons have if their favorite faction was in the game.

I also doubt very highly that any faction will ever reach ship parity with the Feds, mostly because there aren't many canon ships to pull from, and its been my impression that players like to bash the Cryptic designs more then they love them. There are still a lot of canon and soft canon fed ships to pull from, the other factions just don't have that much there.
Lt. Commander
# 124
01-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon
If dstahl is getting tired of reading those complaints then he needs to remember that he's the one responsible for those complaints, and he's the one that can make them stop by fulfilling his customers demands.
Obviously I've been given a heap of responsibility to drive the ship and at no point have I ever said that we're not going to make any more KDF content. In fact, quite the contrary I've said that I'm committed to making the KDF faction get to a place where we feel it has a solid PVE experience. I've said we're not there yet. I've said that it is going to take time. I've asked for patience.

So yeah - I get a little tired of the "are we there yet" comments when clearly we aren't.

I feel as though your entire point is "I'm going to keep asking are we there yet until we are there". Fine. But I get tired of hearing it sometimes and it certainly doesn't make the car go any faster. I feel you are half-right in that I can fulfill customer _demands_ by continuing to improve the KDF... but I certainly can't stop you from complaining no matter how hard I try.... so as a human being... I think its fair to say... I'm a bit tired of "Are we there yet?" comments. I can understand them - but I'm here to tell you - they aren't making anything go any faster. It's just complaining for the sake of complaining at this point.

Btw... the answer is NO - we aren't there yet. But we're on our way - we're on the right road and we're cruising along at top speed.

If you don't like the speed at which the car is moving - your options are to jump out or watch the DVD in the back seat and eat some cheerios.
Lt. Commander
# 125
01-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
If you don't like the speed at which the car is moving - your options are to jump out or watch the DVD in the back seat and eat some cheerios.
Dan, I understand where you're coming from, especially getting tired of hearing the "are we there yet" type comments. But you've got to understand that for most people here, posting their views on the forums is the only venue they have for voicing their concerns for what they think needs to happen with the game. What do you think would happen if all the complains suddenly ceased?

If I were in your position, I would think that the community position on the subject might have changed and may rearrange resources accordingly (since it's pretty clear that Cryptic puts a lot of stock in community reaction). Just think of stuff like this as a continuous barometer of community wants.
Lt. Commander
# 126
01-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Obviously I've been given a heap of responsibility to drive the ship and at no point have I ever said that we're not going to make any more KDF content. In fact, quite the contrary I've said that I'm committed to making the KDF faction get to a place where we feel it has a solid PVE experience. I've said we're not there yet. I've said that it is going to take time. I've asked for patience.

So yeah - I get a little tired of the "are we there yet" comments when clearly we aren't.

I feel as though your entire point is "I'm going to keep asking are we there yet until we are there". Fine. But I get tired of hearing it sometimes and it certainly doesn't make the car go any faster. I feel you are half-right in that I can fulfill customer _demands_ by continuing to improve the KDF... but I certainly can't stop you from complaining no matter how hard I try.... so as a human being... I think its fair to say... I'm a bit tired of "Are we there yet?" comments. I can understand them - but I'm here to tell you - they aren't making anything go any faster. It's just complaining for the sake of complaining at this point.

Btw... the answer is NO - we aren't there yet. But we're on our way - we're on the right road and we're cruising along at top speed.

Rather than "are we there yet?"(since we obviously arent), how about "why did you take that road instead of the other one?". First let me be clear: in the context of your post above the "destination" we're talking about is Klingons having a good level of PvE content. So as has been asked earlier in this thread, why is Gozer working on existing Fed content rather than new KDF missions like he did for Season 3? As a team I can understand the need to focus on your main priorities, but since he can "one man" those patrols, why isnt he? It should also be noted that if the playerbase really is growing like Stormshade recently said, then the new people have just as much right to ask 'are we there yet' as the people who asked it 6 months ago, and you cant get upset at thse new people asking it for the first time.
Lt. Commander
# 127
01-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Mr. Stahl... THIS sums it up perfectly! Stay the course mister, you're doing phenomenally.
Lt. Commander
# 128
01-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
I'll say the same thing that I do whenever anyone says "if you dont like it, leave"; I hope even the unhappy people stay. Their threads may get annoying, but thats more money funding MY content.
Lt. Commander
# 129 Way to go dstahl!
01-07-2011, 02:25 PM
I got my cherrios and am willing to share if anybody wants any. Everyone has to admitt KDF is 100% better than where we started. Now someone turn on the DVD!
Lt. Commander
# 130
01-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron-Michael
I got my cherrios and am willing to share if anybody wants any. Everyone has to admitt KDF is 100% better than where we atarted. Now someone turn on the DVD!
So in the context of his illustration, what do the DVD and cheerios represent in game? Fed content to keep you busy until more KDF content comes out?
Closed Thread