Lt. Commander
# 41
01-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Why is my Betazoid female captain relatively tall?

There's really only one reason: default height of most NPCs, and the sizes of the chair we can sit on. Being taller generally helps the proportions look better.

If we ever get the ability to design our own interior and scale the furniture, I will definitely see to fine-tweaking this aspect and have my people look better while they sit.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanZen View Post
I'm only 6'4...but dammit they need to know that not all Trekkies are short and fat. Dont ya just hate stereotypes
Im a 6 foot 6 white guy thats a photographer married to a Chinese and love sci-fi, computer tech and some anime. Stereotype? I dont know what you mean lol
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Wow this sounds pretty cool.

I really like the sound of the Duty Officer Register (or what ever it was called.) I like assigning people to various posts on my ships and this sounds great. I hope they can tie the BO pop ups to this as well. When you warp sectors blocks for example, it should be the helm or navigator that pops up.

Thanks,
Duncan
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-07-2011, 05:56 PM
we do not need any more uniform's there are more dam uniform's then there are ships and if there is something we need is more of is that SHIPS and more ship options more variety and every ship should have a tractor beam slot as standard.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Marsh
Im a 6 foot 6 white guy thats a photographer married to a Chinese and love sci-fi, computer tech and some anime. Stereotype? I dont know what you mean lol
I'm a 6 foot 4 black guy that has 3 children with a filipino woman and loves SciFi,Anime, ect. I break the mold LOL
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-07-2011, 06:05 PM
When I first saw this I was all "Oh cool!"
Quote:
A: We've had our kickoff meeting for our Feb 2nd event and so far most of the fun will be taking place on either Earth Space Dock or Qo'nos. Those that plan on attending the celebration will be able to walk away with a tchotchke to say 'you were there'.
Then I went "Wait a minute... WTF is a tchotchke?"

And once again Wikipedia gave me the answer Yay Wiki!

Quote:
Tchotchke (Typically pronounced "CHACH-kee") are small toys, gewgaws, knickknacks, baubles, lagniappes, trinkets, or kitsch. The term has a connotation of worthlessness or disposability, as well as tackiness, and has long been used in the Jewish-American community and in the regional speech of New York City.

The word may also refer to swag, in the sense of the logo pens, key fobs, and other promotional freebies dispensed at trade shows, conventions, and similar large events. Also, stores that sell cheap souvenirs in tourist areas like Times Square, Venice Beach, and the ABC Stores in Hawaii are sometimes called "tchotchke shops."

Leo Rosten, author of The Joys of Yiddish, gives an alternate sense of tchotchke as meaning a desirable young girl, a "pretty young thing." Less flatteringly, the term could be construed as a more dismissive synonym for "bimbo." These usages are not common outside of Jewish circles. The term (in the form tzatzke, with a tsade instead of teth-shin) is sometimes used in modern Hebrew as a slang word equivalent to ----
So.. Now I just have to wonder, which of these meanings will we recieve?

The Handy Nicknack..

A Nicknack Store...

Or an Orion Slave person all our own?

You know.. I'm kinda rooting for the Third option... Just cus.. I'm a pig..

Seriously, though. I am happy with most of the answers provided. And look foward to any updates to the PVP system, as well as continueing any Story lines currently in the game that have been left with hanging threads.
Lt. Commander
# 47 Uniforms
01-07-2011, 06:07 PM
This is directed for dstahl and Jas who recently asked a question in the Ask Cryptic about Uniforms.

ENOUGH! FFS!

Uniforms may look cool but the novelty wears off within a couple of weeks. Then we are back to people complaining about the lack of content and ships again. I speak for me as a paying C-Store customer and not the community, I am not buying another uniform. Put up something useful and I will consider it.

We have more uniforms than ships and content. The game already has almost every uniform ever made. Although I would agree with craftable uniforms in the aspect that we never hear about another uniform again. Fluff is all well and good but the game is more fluff than stuff. Many people brought up open PvP sectors, and Fleet Starbases and other tasks that should really take the forefront more than the next date night at DS9 such as End-Game.
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefox74654 View Post
This is directed for dstahl and Jas who recently asked a question in the Ask Cryptic about Uniforms.

ENOUGH! FFS!

Uniforms may look cool but the novelty wears off within a couple of weeks. Then we are back to people complaining about the lack of content and ships again. I speak for me as a paying C-Store customer and not the community, I am not buying another uniform. Put up something useful and I will consider it.

We have more uniforms than ships and content. The game already has almost every uniform ever made. Although I would agree with craftable uniforms in the aspect that we never hear about another uniform again. Fluff is all well and good but the game is more fluff than stuff. Many people brought up open PvP sectors, and Fleet Starbases and other tasks that should really take the forefront more than the next date night at DS9 such as End-Game.
AGREED ^^^^^^^^^^^
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefox74654 View Post

ENOUGH! FFS!

It is called fluff for the so called "majority" that some claim on these forums! Instead of focusing on some REAL substance for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Loved this ask Cryptic thanks.
Wanted to ask your ideas on exploration and getting players involved? I know that the foundry is probably the greatest thing rolled out by an mmo since questing, so i was wondering if exploration could focus on player made sectors? like maybe in the coming months after a few groups or individuals have distinguished themselves on the foundry Cryptic could out line stories for them to create and internally test? or even better do a contest for the best explorations story and have them or a group of fans flesh out a few missions.
1) this would make AWESOME content
2) Cryptic would help foster the creation of stronger foundry community by encouraging teamwork and communication
3) Fans could affect the star trek universe!